We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Part 4: Doing a Little Moonlighting

NYC
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Part 4: Doing a Little Moonlighting

If a frozen mojito and some coconut-crusted grouper can't revive Patient Zero, nothing can...

http://traceyg.travellerspoint.com/167/

Thanks for coming along!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Part 4: Doing a Little Moonlighting

Make Angel Great Again, spot on Tracey!!

What villa are you staying at? It looks nice and not to far from the water.

I love your honesty in your writing, it makes for a great read. You guys photograph very well too. You could give up your day job and become a travel writer. I wish I could do that.

You are like Calgon to me, you take me away!! I really appreciate these installments. Keep them coming!!

Edited: 8:51 am, February 21, 2017
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Part 4: Doing a Little Moonlighting

Read this whilst eating my lunch. Big mistake!

I thought my salad looked really quite lovely until I started viewing all those shots of your food.

Angel is quite the hero going out for pizza whilst ill - you must have been worried he wouldn't return.

Looking forward to part 5.

Devon, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Part 4: Doing a Little Moonlighting

Hey! That's our table at E's! Another great read. Hope we see Angel recovering next installment.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,184 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Part 4: Doing a Little Moonlighting

Tracey - that villa is really nice, coincidentally, Nori recently wrote a review:

www.anguilla-beaches.com/moondance-villa.html

Poor Angel, I admire his stamina, there is nothing worse than being sick on vacation and wishing you were in your own bed.

As usual, your pictures are stunning and your writing is diving.

Thanks so much for your time,

Ellen

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,411 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Part 4: Doing a Little Moonlighting

What a bummer. There is nothing worse on vacay than a sick tummy. Just hope you don't decide to join him.

I wonder if any places serve vegetarian spring rolls. Malli used to and they were heavenly but they stopped it years ago.

CT, USA
Level Contributor
234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Part 4: Doing a Little Moonlighting

Tracey, nobody does it better, please just stay in Anguilla and keep writing the blog. I get my fix and it almost feels like I am there with you.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Part 4: Doing a Little Moonlighting

Cannot express how much I love reading your reports!! Spent the last few day going from 2010 up to present day. Everyone was fantastic, from the pics of scenery to the food. I wish I could follow you on your trips to do it just like you do! It's like reading articles in Travel and Leisure only much better. Can't wait for the next one.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Part 4: Doing a Little Moonlighting

Poor Angel, but poor you too. That's a true testament to your love, that you stayed at the Villa with him through his illness, and didn't sneak off to the beach by yourself! ;-)

Question about the nature of those curried beans under that coconut crusted grouper: just what kind of beans are they? Lima beans? Please tell me they're green beans, and those are the potatoes I am seeing in your pictures (which are beautiful, as always!).

NYC
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Part 4: Doing a Little Moonlighting

Thank you so much for all of the kind comments, particularly those concerning Angel. Luckily he is a good patient, unlike yours truly! (I have the immune system of an ox, so every 5 years or so when I get a cold, I act like I am dying of the bubonic plague.)

Sorry, Kyla, no green beans there. I always thought they were white beans, but on this visit they did indeed appear to be lima beans. But even an avowed bean-hater might gobble these up - they are delicious!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
466 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report Part 4: Doing a Little Moonlighting

I took a lunch break today just so I could read your blog Tracey, Yah I gorged for real! The panoramic beach shots are perfection, I don't think I mentioned it in your last installment, but you brought back a smile for SBE. I kept trying to get a shot of the length of the beach with sand and no buildings, completely failed, you guys did a bang up job with those shots, then again, I love them all! The pizza would have killed me, to me there is no food more perfect than pizza, I just stay away from it on island, any island BTW, its too painful for me. The color coordinated Havaianas, I thought I was the only crazy woman that does that, I can fill a whole suitcase with mine, teehee!

P.S. Angel's a real trooper !!