We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Part 3: Pick Your Poison

NYC
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Part 3: Pick Your Poison

You always hurt the ones you love. ;)

http://traceyg.travellerspoint.com/166/

Enjoy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Part 3: Pick Your Poison

A plastic carrier bag with a pot of sauce on top. That has to be one of the saddest sights ever in the history of your blog!

We know Angel recovered because you've been travelling since but I bet he won't let you make him coffee now!

A great read - as always!! Thank you

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Part 3: Pick Your Poison

Love the flashback picture at Scilly Cay. How is it that you both look even younger now?!

Poor Angel. Hope he makes a hasty recovery for the next installment. =)

Paoli, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
351 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Part 3: Pick Your Poison

Sorry that Angel doesn't feel well.Your pictures are wonderful.

NYC
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Part 3: Pick Your Poison

Thanks, Judy! This was back in August, so happily he has long since recovered -- though I am always keeping a sharp eye out in case he can't finish his meal! ;)

Edited: 3:14 pm, February 17, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Part 3: Pick Your Poison

Another entertaining installment - minus the sickness for Angel, of course - hoping his recovering was swift! (Btw, it was your comment about the coffee water in a post awhile back after your trip that solved a mystery for us when two out of four on our trip were sick... It was our first time to be cooking in a new villa, so I had used tap water without thinking to wash salad greens. It probably would still be a mystery to me if not for your post that made me realize the mistake - thank you!)

Also loved, "The next morning I bounded out of bed at 5:20 a.m., a feat that I could accomplish back home only if the house was on fire (and even then it is doubtful)." That is so so true. Only in Anguilla do I wake with the sunrise.

Enjoyed your flashback photo too... do you have a favorite of the outlying islands you have visited, or do you find them all a bit disappointing now? We have never gone, and I scratched Sandy Island off my list after your trip report last year. But Scilly Cay has been on our maybe list; just don't want to waste a day off island, when we love the regular beaches so much.

Edited: 5:00 pm, February 17, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,184 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Part 3: Pick Your Poison

Sometimes on our last day, we are nearly out of water, I use tap, I boil it, strain it, and use it the next morning for coffee.

Love your reports.

Ellen

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,411 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Part 3: Pick Your Poison

Oh how I am loving my fashion, travel, photography, and medical advice thread all rolled into 1.

You sure have got a way with words n' pixcherrs.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Part 3: Pick Your Poison

Tracey, love your pictures and writing.

Where were you staying? And were is that beautiful conch shell wall?

I used Tap water at shoal bay villas to make our coffee, was it just that the water was stagnant or are you not supposed yo use tap water? I am going end of May and want to be careful not to miss a day of vacation.

Sorry about your Angelbeing sick. I know that all to well.

Rhode Island, USA
Level Contributor
511 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Part 3: Pick Your Poison

So much fun to read and I look to the next installment. I had the flu on a Mediterranean cruise and it was not fun. I aplaud Angel for pulling up his boot straps and attempting to keep on schedule, I on the other hand almost jumped overboard to put myself out of my misery.

Keep on traveling, eating and blogging Tracey, you do a great job doing all of the above and keeping us amused!

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report Part 3: Pick Your Poison

Tracey, I've been lurking in this forum for months, and your post is the first place I encountered the water issue. So grateful that you wrote about it...and sorry that you had to. I am in awe of your pictures!