We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Part 1: A Marvelous Night for a Swoondance

NYC
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Part 1: A Marvelous Night for a Swoondance

A gorgeous villa + lots of rum punch + seafood enchiladas + all of our luggage = a pretty good start. :)

http://traceyg.travellerspoint.com/164/

As always, thanks for coming along!

montreal
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Part 1: A Marvelous Night for a Swoondance

Loved it! Thanks for the wonderful pics! Can't wait for more.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,411 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Part 1: A Marvelous Night for a Swoondance

Elizabeth Kubler-Ross would be proud.

Your picture fantasy is lovely and fulfilling (as well as filling).

There IS one flaw to that neat looking paradise (at least it would be for us) -- no decent bedside lamps to read by. Being that we're beyond that "other stage" where lamps are not really that important, to us falling asleep reading the same sentence 4 times is nirvana.

Once again you have succeeded to whet our appetites for more.

You're amazing.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Part 1: A Marvelous Night for a Swoondance

Your post delivered as usual with many smiles and chuckles while reading. (And you have patentable super power secrets to 1) stay that skinny with such island food and drink, and 2) have hair that stays like that through four hours on a plane and touch down in paradise - I stopped even packing hair appliances after I lost the battle during our first trip!)

NYC
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Part 1: A Marvelous Night for a Swoondance

Pep, the master bedroom has two bedside reading lamps, but the other bedroom does not. (I hadn't noticed since we slept in the master.) If you travel with another couple, now you know: Put the frisky ones in the "other" room and take the master for yourselves! ;)

Cindy, there is something about the humidity level in Anguilla that agrees with my hair -- it never cooperates with me here at home or anywhere else that we travel. I take that as a sign that I should move! ;)

Edited: 11:26 am, February 13, 2017
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
466 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Part 1: A Marvelous Night for a Swoondance

Just when I thought I knew everything...had no idea one could purchase "home-made" rum punch mix from Sea Spray!

Kudos!! Another brilliant installment to your blog, so many laughs Tracey! And that little white sundress, and the jewelry drawer, and all the pretty baubles in it! Lemme stop....could go on and on...Love it! Thank you!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
234 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Part 1: A Marvelous Night for a Swoondance

Love your blog posts, always fun to read ❤️🌴☀️!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Part 1: A Marvelous Night for a Swoondance

What a treat, especially on a Monday! Wonderful writing, and your pictures never cease to amaze me. I looked at your pictures of Picante, and then my own. Gah!

So wonderful, thank you for posting. Can't wait to read more!

Kyla

Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Part 1: A Marvelous Night for a Swoondance

Great pics, your trip reports are so vivid, and entertaining, thanks. Enjoy.

mechanicsburg
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Part 1: A Marvelous Night for a Swoondance

Tracey, great report. Whatever happened to your report on Anna Maria Island? We leave next month.

NYC
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report Part 1: A Marvelous Night for a Swoondance

Jmitch, that post is coming soon, but probably not in time for your trip (chalk it up to too many trips, not enough time to write about them all -- a good problem to have!). I do have a few recommendations for AMI and will PM you if interested... Where are you staying?