We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report: Thanksgiving and Early December 2016

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report: Thanksgiving and Early December 2016

Just uploaded a trip report with photos and video from our recent visit to the island: anguillatripreports.com/updates/…thanksgiving

Unfortunately this trip we didn't have luggage room for a "real" camera, but subbed with a phone and GoPro since we did a half-day snorkel excursion. Didn't see much under water, but did capture a small sea turtle, which was exciting to see in the wild! We split our stay between Turtle's Nest and Covecastles. Curiosity and a rainy day led us to tour The Reef and Zemi Beach, so shared some thoughts on those properties too.

As usual, we are so thankful for everyone’s posts throughout the year that guide us as we plan and prepare, help us know what to expect, and ease the island longing between trips!

Edited: 10:03 pm, December 13, 2016
Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report: Thanksgiving and Early December 2016

What a great trip you had. Thanks so much for sharing in such great detail.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,225 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report: Thanksgiving and Early December 2016

Such a beautiful report, loved it all, I agree, when you find something you like, why change?

I think it is interesting the way Omalie 360 adapts to the venue and the crowd, they are so versatile, they put on a terrific show.

So happy you had such a wonderful trip.

Thanks for sharing,

Ellen

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report: Thanksgiving and Early December 2016

We always walk the beach from TT down to CC. It is so peaceful and serene you just want to sit on those patios for a couple hours. When we travel down this May we will for sure do a trip past CC and catch them for lunch. Thank You for such a nice report.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report: Thanksgiving and Early December 2016

Such a typically Cin Cin beautiful trip report as only you can do it!

You made me feel like I was right there with you! (smiles)

And I do agree with you that you really meet some good people that you feel closer to sometimes than friends you've known for a longer time.

Can't wait for you to return so I can read another Cindy monologue.

Big hugs.

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report: Thanksgiving and Early December 2016

oooh, off now to read this before work! I’ve been waiting for this one!

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report: Thanksgiving and Early December 2016

okay, wow, that was amazing! Hard to believe that you didn’t have one of your good cameras on this trip because your photos were still phenomenal. Your forthright writing style has me right there with you, every step of the way. Glad that your health is back to the point where you can enjoy the island to the fullest. And lucky you to have had so many meals at Veya and Jacala. They’re both wonderful. Thanks so much, Cindy, for putting that together. It was beautiful.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report: Thanksgiving and Early December 2016

Great trip report!!! I can't believe it but you have made me now "crave" leafy green salads!!! :) Interesting on your comment about renting chairs at Manoah. We plan on doing the same thing on Christmas day. So I guess we'll see :)

Thanks for sharing!!!

Lorio

SE MA
Level Contributor
253 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report: Thanksgiving and Early December 2016

Oh Cindy thank you so much for this report and especially your videos. Just seeing the sparkling diamonds on that sea is medicine for my soul. And you gave me a tease of my favorite beach Crocus Bay. One of my favorite days ever in over 20 trips was spent on SBW. It was about a week after Hurricane Omar. I am an avid sheller, and the beach heading east after Altamer was a parking lot of lovelies. I got caught in a quick storm and hid under one of Altamers' loungers! When I came back to my picnic spot "burdened" with my booty, rain had run off the sea grape into my backpack and dampened my camera! Fortunately I managed to save it from experience with a previous "accident". The story of that Hurricane was that a sailor trying to make it to SXM ran aground there and was so exhausted he found an entry into one of the Covecastles buildings and holed up there for the night. I met him at Jono's so believe he didn't suffer any trespassing / legal challenges. He was grateful to be alive!!! I have a gorgeous sunrise pic from SBW that is a future painting project. So glad you have beat your health battle and can travel to this slice of paradise. I took my Mom back 2 times after she suffered spinal surgery that went very bad!! Please know how much I loved the videos. I have my own challenge presently, am caring for my critically ill father. But I believe we are given only what we can truly cope with. Best Holidays to you and your family.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report: Thanksgiving and Early December 2016

Such an enjoyable read Cindy!

I loved all your wonderfully vivid descriptions and beautiful photographs.

If only we could get Anguilla on prescription!

Chicago
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report: Thanksgiving and Early December 2016

What a fabulously detailed report and lovely photos - a real treat to read on this first morning back from Anguilla, in the freezing cold of Chicago! I felt like I was back there. We made our first trip to Savannah Gallery last week and those marquetry wooden pieces are just amazing! And too funny about the selfie/ photo directors at 4S, I was laughing at your description of the scene!