We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Arrived

montreal
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Just Arrived

Was a very long day since it was our first snow storm flights were delayed and planes had to be deiced. It was an easy ride from airport to Marigot Ferry and on our way. Ocean was little bit rough with an overcast sky. We arrived very tired and decided to eat in. Ocean at Meads is very rough but the crashing waves sound soothing. My drive down from ferry to meads was fine considering its my first time driving on the left. had to stop for a flock of goats (was sooooo adorable) and continued on my way. Getting up early for breakfast somewhere. Hopefully ocean will calm down tmrw for a nice swim.

Boston...
Level Contributor
525 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Arrived

Have a great trip!

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Arrived

Looks like Meads might be rough for a couple days. I know there are reports of Sargussum on Rendezvous but nobody specified where. Pack your beach bag and try Sunshine Shack or The Place. Sandy Ground will be calm. Crocus Bay as well tho I don't love the beach there. Good luck and please report back. Hope you have a great trip!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Arrived

Head for Maundays Bay Beach for more calm seas.

J H
Lanoka Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
723 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Arrived

I agree with Pepper, If Meads is still rough , head over to CJ.

montreal
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Arrived

Thanks guys will do. this morning Meads still has some waves, not as bad as last night but I don't feel comfortable swimming in it (I am a bit of a chicken) Will post later on.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Arrived

Have a amazing time!!!!!!

NJ
Level Contributor
234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Arrived

Try Shoal Bay West in front of Trattoria Tramunto. Great spot for lunch too.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Arrived

Yay, you're there!! I can't wait to hear your take on all the beaches. If it's rough where you are, I say head to my piece of heaven, Shoal Bay East in front of Elodias or Tropical Sunset. Rendezvous Bay will be fun but Sunshine Shack live pics on FB/Instagram have been showing lots wind.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
380 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Arrived

I'm over at Shoal Bay and it was fairly rough yesterday. Overcast skies, probably will stay today, but the rest of the week looks really good. Isn't it great when these are your biggest issues?

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Arrived

So true