We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island offers the most...

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Which island offers the most...

Looking for an island the will provide the most bang for my buck ;-)

I am trying to plan a Caribbean vacation with a friend but we haven't a clue of where we want to go specifically. What we are looking for is a budget friendly location that isn't "Cancunesque" as my friend puts it. We aren't looking to stay at a party resort. We want to be able to experience the culture and history of the island we go to, and be able to explore the island or island hop via ferry to explore other close by locals, we also hope to do some snorkeling, sitting at the beach and enjoying what the caribbean has to offer. We would like to stay for a week and the budget is $1200-1400 total expenses PP. Might be able to spend a little more if absolutely necessary but would rather not. We do not want to stay at a time share location where they will pressure us to buy and I've found that when you stay at some time shares if you aren't an owner you just don't get as good of service or accommodations.

I have traveled to the caribbean previously once via Cruise that stopped at Tortolla, Grand Turk, and St. Martain. I did enjoy the BVI taking the ferry from Tortolla to the baths on Virgin Gorda. Actually looked at hotels there but they seem a little out of my price range. Last year I spent a week on Grand Bahama where I found there was not very much to do on the island itself and was slightly disappointed but I went down to my sister's time share and didn't really research much before going down.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited: 5:39 am, April 25, 2013
1. Re: Which island offers the most...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 27, 2014