We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Island for May Honeymoon- flying from Florida

London
Level Contributor
258 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Which Island for May Honeymoon- flying from Florida

I hope someone can help me???

We are planning our Honeymoon for May 2010 and have decided for the 1st week we want to go to Orlando...

The 2nd week we would like to fly from Florida to the Carribean and spend a week relaxing.

We have never been to the Carribean before, so no idea which Island to choose.

We basically want a good hotel, lovely beaches and good weather, but not bothered about trips / nightlife etc - as after our week in Orlando we just want to relax..

My questions are

Which islands are accessible from Florida - do flights go to all the Islands...

What sort of prices can we expect for internal flight?

Which Carribean Island has best Weather for May and would suit us best on our Honeymoon??

Thanks for any help you can offer

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,709 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Island for May Honeymoon- flying from Florida

You'll probably have to fly out through Miami. Orlando does not have many flights to Caribbean islands, but Miami is a major stepping-off point. Unfortunately, this will effectively eliminate one one otherwise good possibility for you, Cuba, since there are no (or very few) flights between the US and Cuba.

From Miami there are number of very good possibilities, such as:

Turks & Caicos: very quiet and laid back with a really great beach and beautiful water. perfect for relaxing.

Bahamas, especially Nassau/Paradise Island: more active, more large resorts, shopping, tours, etc. Smaller Out Islands can be very relaxing though.

Antigua/BVI: If you want to get a little bit of "home" while away, Antigua has nice beaches and a variety of resorts for both active vacations or relaxing.

Grand Cayman is also very British, but also tends to be rather expensive, although pretty relaxing.

Aruba: Guaranteed very warm and probably windy. Very nice beaches and a choice of either traditional large hotel/resorts or smaller rental-condo type resorts.

Now, the bad news... This generic Caribbean forum is very lightly followed and posts get buried quickly and you are unlikely to to get many responses here. I'd suggest you decide on a couple of possible destinations and then post on the respective forums for detailed resort info/suggestions.

London
Level Contributor
258 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Island for May Honeymoon- flying from Florida

Hi

Thanks for the response - very helpful.

Like you said I think we need to narrow it down to specific Islands now.

Think I need to check the flights avaialble and then base my choice around these.

Does anyone know any flight companies to check that would preferably fly from Orlando?

Thanks

3. Re: Which Island for May Honeymoon- flying from Florida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 18, 2010