We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand mirage all inclusive ????

Which Tanjung Benoa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
grand mirage all inclusive ????

has anyone had the all inclusive at the grand mirage we are tossing this up. is it worth the money ????

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grand mirage all inclusive ????

Several other posts suggest this is not a good option.

there are lots of places close by to eat tat are good value and great food.

I would be tempted to do breakfast only.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand mirage all inclusive ????

I have only once doe an all inclusive resort and I was disappointed. The food choices were limited and rarely changed. Stay in a resort and eat out, it is more enjoyable by far.You can stlll play tennis have water sports etc.if that's what yiu are after.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
20 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand mirage all inclusive ????

I wouldn't bother unless you are big drinkers. The hotel breakfast is good and is served until 10.30am so it will keep you going for most of the day. You can always get a snack mid afternoon to tide you over until dinner. There are so many lovely restaurants within walking distance of the hotel that you can eat somewhere different each night and the quality is much better than the hotel buffet. We were a group of females and never felt unsafe wandering the local area at night.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand mirage all inclusive ????

A dozen awesome places to eat within 500 meters of t hotel

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
245 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grand mirage all inclusive ????

I have never fun with all inclusive hotel in Bali, especially in the place where more options are out there.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grand mirage all inclusive ????

I think that when you travel part of it is finding great places to eat. If you have an all inclusive you really won't want to venture outside the hotel.

The breakfast is fine. And as others have said there are plenty of great places to eat outside. I can't remember the name of it but there is a little place just across the road. Great food and cheap. They used to give out a little handmade flower when you leave.

Dont restrict yourself with the all inclusive.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: grand mirage all inclusive ????

if your going to go all inclusive , you may as well stay home and order in every night .....

That isnt experiencing the country at all !!

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: grand mirage all inclusive ????

If I was staying in a Hotel/resort/lodging/villa which was surrounded by eateries, restaurants etc., I would not consider for one moment an "all inclusive"!

To do so, IMHO, is to limit your activities outside the hotel e.g. shopping to around meal times! That is worse than being at work and having to shop in your lunch hour or after work!

I can understand all inclusive on a boat cruise (no other option) but in Tanjungbenoa, there are heaps of places to try.

wendy

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: grand mirage all inclusive ????

Why would you want to???? I agree with Battling if your going to do all inclusive you may as well stay home and save the money.

Part of going to another country is to experience said country especially in a country where there are so many wide options for eating

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: grand mirage all inclusive ????

Hi,

All inclusive makes sense if there are no options outside of your hotel or only other expensive hotel restaurants.

In Bali, one of the great pleasures is to decide where to go for diner, so many choices, lots of different cuisines and available for all budgets.

As many have said, I usually have a solid breakfast (Nasi Goreng), a light lunch like fruits, a small salad and my only other meal is diner.

Edited: 10:09 am, May 08, 2012