We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kind Villa Bintang or Novotel Bali Benoa for 2-3 nights ?

Bermuda
Level Contributor
25 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Kind Villa Bintang or Novotel Bali Benoa for 2-3 nights ?

I am planning on staying in Nusa Dua for 2 to 3 nights and I have narrowed down my search to either Kind Villa Bintang or Novotel Bali Benoa. Does anyone have any preference over the other. Basically I am looking for beachfront, nice resort, and walking distance to restaurants or warongs for meals..

Anyone's thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kind Villa Bintang or Novotel Bali Benoa for 2-3 nights ?

Hi globetrotting - I have stayed at both places. Technically speaking, neither property is in Nusa Dua - they are just down the road in Tanjung Benoa. Very easy to get to Nusa Dua itself from here (the dedicated tourist enclave). TB has more of a 'village' feel. Walk down any side street and you will find the locals going about their day to day activities. Both these places are in close proximity to each other, so no real difference as to what's nearby. We just love Villa Bintang, I think it's because of the rapport we have with the staff. The beachfront pool area is fabulous and the restaurant area where breakfast is served also overlooks the beach. Novotel spans both sides of the road. Of course if your room is on the non beach side, it's just a stroll across the road (you have your own 'crossing man' 24/7!) to the beachfront pool (there is another on the other side of the road) and hotel restaurants etc). The rooms on the beach side are more upmarket and worth the extra outlay if that's what you're looking for, otherwise, I would go for Villa Bintang.

A lot of people don't like this area but I think it has a lot going for it. Not the hustle and bustle of Kuta/Legian. Lots of choices for meals. Not a great area for shopping. Great for time out and R &R. The only drawback is that the traffic to/from Nusa Dua/Tanjung Benoa can be horrendous at times. Not a problem if you are not wanting to do too much sightseeing etc whilst staying in this area. Hope this helps.

Bermuda
Level Contributor
25 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kind Villa Bintang or Novotel Bali Benoa for 2-3 nights ?

Thanks a bunch.. I think with your recommendation TB it is !

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kind Villa Bintang or Novotel Bali Benoa for 2-3 nights ?

Hi globe trotting have not stayed at Villa Bintang but have stayed at the Novotel Benoa twice .The Novotel is fantastic we had a beach cabana room 822 right on the beach all rooms on the beachside are single storey and set out like a village this is a good choice of hotel.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kind Villa Bintang or Novotel Bali Benoa for 2-3 nights ?

Have not stayed at either but know people who have.

The Novotel seems to be very busy these days, while the Villa Bintang seems a bit smaller and quieter.

The only comment I would make is that the Novotel is almost at the end of Jalan Pratama - so when you walk out there really is only one way to wander if you want shops spas and restaurants, whereas Villa Bintang is more central.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kind Villa Bintang or Novotel Bali Benoa for 2-3 nights ?

I wouldn't worry, the 2 hotels are not all that far from each other:

Here's a map to give you an idea:

http://mapsbali.com/areas/tanjung.php

As you can see, both are far enough away from the craziness of the main watersports area which is right down the end by the entrance to the harbour.

And most things are a walkable distance.

I think either is a good choice.

Edited: 6:25 am, October 03, 2011
Bermuda
Level Contributor
25 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kind Villa Bintang or Novotel Bali Benoa for 2-3 nights ?

Thanks so much for the replies...

7. Re: Kind Villa Bintang or Novotel Bali Benoa for 2-3 nights ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 24, 2012