We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benoa

Which Tanjung Benoa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Benoa

My husband & I are looking at. Seaborne Cruise that leaves from Benoa to tour Australia.

We would like to arrive a few days early & see a bit of Bali. How far is Ubed from the port at Benoa? I saw that Ubed is about an hour & a half from the airport. What city should we stay at?

Any helpful information is much appreciated.

Arleen

15 replies to this topic
Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Benoa

Hi amommon, Benoa Harbour to Ubud would be around 50 mins to 1 hr drive. Where to stay would be dependant on what you want to do in your couple of days. Sightseeing, cultural, scenery etc head to Ubud. You could also do tours very easily from Sanur which is closer to the Harbour.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Benoa

The names can get confusing.

Benoa is the name of the inlet that the harbour is located in. Benoa itself has nothing apart from shipping related industries.

Tanjung Benoa is the peninsula between the Harbour and the ocean, quite a long way by rd.

Benoa Harbour is about 15- 30 minutes from the airport - and airport to Ubud you would pass Benoa on the way.

The best advice I can give you, is have a look at google maps - you will get an idea where everything is.

Ubud is beautiful and more of the real Bali than the Atlantic City type of party central kuta is.

If you are looking for culture and temples, Ubud is the place to go.

Do consider than if you are flying from NJ - it is a long flight and across many time zones so you may want to allow a couple of days to adjust and recover from jet lag

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benoa

Hi amommom

Please don't let the above post confuse you!! Your question re the port of Benoa is pretty straightforward and I think that FameNSW has answered as i would! You need about 1 hour to drive to Ubud and I think that would be a great place to unwind after your flight from the US and before you board your cruise for Australia. You will get a great feel for Balinese culture if you stay there for a couple of days, more so than anywhere else, especially if you have never been to Bali before.

I hope this helps

Cheers

new jersey
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Benoa

Thank you for the helpful information. I think we will plan a few days at Ubud before our cruise. We do want to see all that we have been hearing about...the beautiful sights & friendly people.I'm sure I'll have more questions about tours guides etc.

These forums are great!

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Benoa

Hi

You will certainly see beautiful scenery and meet wonderful people around Ubud - just make sure you get out of the town and explore areas close by.

Cheers

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,915 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Benoa

Ubud is a lovely place to stay. IF you can extend your holiday do so as there is a lot to see and do in Bali, iF you like the beach and have time consider some time at Sanur also.

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Benoa

HI Amommom

i did write earlier that Ubud is, as FameNSW says, about an hour from Benoa harbour where your cruise ship will dock. You are also able to do lots of short trips from there and learn a lot about Bali, its people and its culture. Tanjung Benoa is a completely different place ! I

Cheers

8. Re: Benoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 am, October 07, 2013

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Benoa

Benoa Harbour and Tanjung Benoa often thought of as the same place but very different .

It can be confusing to all sorts of people.

When you get a chance to check out where the ships dock on google maps you will see the confusion that could occur.

"Tanjung" in Indonesian Bahasa (the main language of Indonesia, means cape, headland or we would call it a peninsula) - as it borders one part of Benoa Harbour it shares the same name .

10. Re: Benoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:58 am, October 08, 2013

Reply to: Benoa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted