We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A new Itinerary

Which Egirdir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
Level Contributor
319 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
A new Itinerary

Since my last post asking about itinerary suggestions for 3 evenings to get between Cirali and Selcuk I've been researching Sari..'s suggestion of visiting the Lake District. There is almost no information whatsoever about the Lake district on this forum so I am hoping that I can get some help on this.

If we were to drive from Cirali to Egirdi how long would that take. And if we were to have a day and a half in that area what would be recommended stops.

After that how long would the drive be to Denizli?

Will things be closed in the Lake District,, will there be snow? Does anyone know of the estimated temperatures for mid April?

I know I am asking a lot, but like I said I have not been able to find much info on this, but I am extremely intrigued by the idea of going there.

Thank you in advance.

Michelle

2 replies to this topic
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A new Itinerary

Antalya to Isparta is roughly 120kms.So an hour and a half from Cırali to Antalya and a little more from there to Isparta.It is a nice scenic drive too.

The land is higher there so there is a possibility of some snow still being around but I'm guessing it will be a great deal better than Alberta!

From Isparta to Denizli it is around 120kms so again around a 3 hour drive.

Here are some useful web sites with an assortment of information about the Lake District.

turkishairlines.com/en-INT/…1

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g1453721-d…

http://www.metu.edu.tr/~euzun/isparta/general.html

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isparta

kultur.gov.tr/EN/belge/2-21717/isparta.html

Hopefully these will help you decide if this is your type of place.A visit there will give you a taste of REAL rural Turkey.Hope you enjoy reading these web sites.

Edited: 4:42 pm, March 11, 2012
Alberta
Level Contributor
319 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A new Itinerary

Thank you Sari. I`ll take a look and post further questions once I know a little more.

Reply to: A new Itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Egirdir