We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best meze restaurant

Which Mytilene hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
306 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Best meze restaurant

Apart from Antonis, (I am guessing that if they take reservations they might not be keen on a single diner taking up a table) can anyone give me a name of a good kitchen in the town itself for July please, only have two nights and don't want to end up in a stale tourist trap. Many thanks.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,341 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best meze restaurant

The oldest place in town is the traditional ouzeri O Ermis on Ermou: towards the top end heading towards the northern harbour. Not eaten there recently but did have a drink there back in May. Worth visiting just for the decor!

The best person to ask is Movieland-Mitilini - drop him a PM if he doesn't join in this thread.

We had a good meal of several shared mezes at the southern harbour - not Lavrion standard of course. Cannot remember which place but think owners were 2 guys - one called Christos maybe?

Mitilíni, Lesvos...
Level Contributor
303 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best meze restaurant

These are the ones I like, there are many others. Where talking Meze and Ouzo hear, not eating "του σκασμού - eating until you burst".

Top more expensive, bottom cheaper:

Ermis, To Kastro, Kalnterimi. These 3 are also where I find many tourists go.

Rempetis

Paramithi

Paratairon, Giasemis Garden.

Antonis Ouzeri at Kagianni is the best if you count in the view. He is also the only one you should call ahead for a table. He is also where you will go on your first night.

If you go to any of the nearby villages, there are others.

Edited: 4:18 pm, June 21, 2013
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
306 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best meze restaurant

Ευχαριστώ Movieland και Χριστινα!

4. Re: Best meze restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, February 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Mytilene
More Mytilene Topics