We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson-Frisbe-Neale

Ancaster,Canada
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Topic
Thomson-Frisbe-Neale

I have been doing some research on books about the South Pacific and read somewhere that Neale and Tomson are buried on Raro. Is this true? Neale supposed to be buried at the RSA cemetery by the airport and I think Tomson was supposed to be buried near the Rarotonga resort. Can someone expand on these statments.

Thank-you

Mentioned in this post
Rarotonga
Rarotonga
Southern Cook Islands, Cook Islands
NZ
Level Contributor
91 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson-Frisbe-Neale

Kia Orana Bluesea87

Tom Neale certainly is buried in the RSA cemetery, directly opposite the airport on the roadside in the right hand corner. We always drop by and give him our best.... Robert Dean Frisbee is also buried in Rarotonga. You'll find him in town at the Cook Islands Christian Church, buried in the inland corner of the graveyard. Not sure about this Thomson fellow though. Watch this space I guess!

Mentioned in this post
Rarotonga
Rarotonga
Southern Cook Islands, Cook Islands
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson-Frisbe-Neale

The late & great Capt Andy Thompson is indeed buried outside his former homestead which is located directly opposite the Rarotongan Resort on the inland side of the road.

NZ
Level Contributor
91 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson-Frisbe-Neale

Ahh! Capt Andy of the Tiare Taporo! The man who lead Neale to Frisbee.... Thanks for the info Frangipani. Must pay him our respects on our next visit. Meitaki!

Ancaster,Canada
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson-Frisbe-Neale

Wow-so all three are buried on Raro. Will definetly drop by each site and pay my respects

Thank-you

5. Re: Thomson-Frisbe-Neale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 am, May 10, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Arorangi