We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discover Pass

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Discover Pass

I am planning a trip to the San Juan Islands (San Juan and Orcas) in the last week of June 2013.

Would I need a Discover Pass to enter the State Parks by car on the two islands?

If yes, is it possible to purchase a single Pass that allows me to visit multiple parks on the islands?

Since I will be there Wed-Mon, end of June 2013, can I purchase a week-long pass or must I buy the year round pass?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Orcas Island
Orcas Island
San Juan Islands, WA
Renton, WA
Level Contributor
4,470 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Discover Pass

This should answer most of your questions:

www.parks.wa.gov/parks/region/…

San Juan Island...
Destination Expert
for San Juan Islands
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discover Pass

There are only day passes and annual passes available. On the Islands the places that you need the Discover pass to park are Moran State Park, Limekiln State Park and Spencer Spit State Park...these are all on different islands but one certain could go to 2 of them in 1 day but I doubt you'd want to go to 3 islands in one day to go to the parks.

Mentioned in this post
Moran State Park
Moran State Park
494 Reviews
Orcas Island, WA
Spencer Spit State Park
Spencer Spit State Park
59 Reviews
Lopez Island, WA
Indian Harbour...
Level Contributor
214 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discover Pass

I think Obstruction Pass state park on Orcas also requires the Discovery Pass. It's worth a visit if you are on Orcas.

If you buy the $30 annual Discovery Pass at the ranger station in Moran you don't have to pay the extra $5 that most outlets will charge.

Mentioned in this post
Orcas Island
Orcas Island
San Juan Islands, WA
4. Re: Discover Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 23, 2014