We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next week's weather?

Ponchatoula...
Level Contributor
22 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Next week's weather?

So excited that our trip to Maine is almost here - we leave on Saturday! We've rented a house on the water near Milbridge, I've read the weather forecasts say daytime temps in the 60's, 40;s in the morning, does this sound right? It's been such a hot summer here, I'n not sure I remember how those temps feel! We'll do Acadia and Campobello Island, probably Roque Bluffs, Bar Harbor - any special not to be missed places?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, so grateful to be able to see another beautiful part of our country!!

Linda

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,387 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next week's weather?

Days in the 60s and nights in the 40s sounds just about right for next week. I think you have a perfect plan for outings from Milbridge. You might also take a trip to Eastport, Maine. It's a little bigger than Lubec, which you will see when you go to Campobello. Family Fisheries is the place for lunch while you are on Campobello Island.

A great hike would be The Bold Coast Trail. Here's a recent article about it in Yankee Magazine:

yankeemagazine.com/article/features/bold-coa…

Ponchatoula...
Level Contributor
22 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Next week's weather?

Looks wonderful! Thanks so much for your recommendation - we're fearless explorers and I'm always a little worried that I might have picked a poor location. The house is on Back Bay just off Narraguagus Bay, so I think every drive will be an explore. Did I mention how excited I am? An appreciative for your input.

Linda

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next week's weather?

If you want to track weather forecast updates as your departure time nears, you could check the websites for the Bangor, Maine television stations -- both include the downeast areas in their local forecasts. Check out either WLBZ Weather or WABI Weather....both do reasonably good jobs considering the unpredictable nature of Maine weather in general.

4. Re: Next week's weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 18, 2014