We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland to San Francisco (2)

Lafayette, Indiana
12 posts
Save Topic
Portland to San Francisco (2)

My husband and I (early 60s) are planning to attend a wedding in Newport, (May 24) then visit family in Bend for a few days. After that, we will be returning to Portland to pick up my sister (55ish) and Niece (18 and just graduated HS) at the airport and travel by car to San Francisco. We plan to stay at least 2 nights and one full day in Portland with them, perhaps renting bikes, as someone on this Forum suggested. We then will make our way to SF along the Oregon coast. In reading some of the posts, we selected Yachats as the first stop (love beaches) but am sort of lost from there. We plan to spend at least 3-4 days driving to SF, and then spend 4-5 days there before flying home from SF airport. Any suggestions? We like nature and the oddball. (In looking at the map, I noticed an Indian Reservation, is that a must see?) Thanks for any help you can give us! Budget kind of middle of the road, maybe "3 star".

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,909 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Portland to San Francisco (2)

Stay on 101, overnight in Trinidad. If you are hungry when approaching Gold Beach, OR, turn left at the flashing light and drive 1/2 mile to the Indian River Cafe. Down home eatin'.

Lafayette, Indiana
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Portland to San Francisco (2)

Thanks!

3. Re: Portland to San Francisco (2)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 06, 2015