We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Oregon Coast

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay on Oregon Coast

Need help planning our first vacation to Oregon/Seattle July 6 - 13. Two daughter 21 and 19 , my husband and I and my sister and her husband are going. We want to stay on the beach, Cannon Beach possibly? would like to renta a house on the beach. We do want to see Seattle too so think we will fly in and out of there. Should we plan a night in Seattle?

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,223 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on Oregon Coast

of course -- there is a lot to see in seattle and after the flight you really dont want to start driving down to cannon beach

cannon beach is a good place to headquarter - lots to see and do -- for a rental suggest you check out www.vrbo.com

Edited: 11:08 pm, January 13, 2013
Level Contributor
37,186 posts
954 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on Oregon Coast

Cannon Beach and Seaside are both lovely places to stay on the north coast. What is your budget for lodging and what are your interests? :).

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on Oregon Coast

If you are ONLY going to spend one night in Seattle, my suggestion would be to fly in and out of Portland, giving you more quality time at the Oregon beaches, and let the Seattle part be on another trip.

If I had that many people in the car with me, I'd want to GET TO MY DESTINATION ASAP and relax!

I agree with with both previous posters (lougee1043 and syragirl) that the Cannon Beach and Seaside area would be a good fit for you.

Level Contributor
37,186 posts
954 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay on Oregon Coast

www.seasideor.com and www.cannon-beach.net are informative websites for these areas. :).

5. Re: Where to stay on Oregon Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 18, 2014
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor