We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way Portland to Manzanita

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
48 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Best way Portland to Manzanita

In the first part of October will be going from Portland to Manzanita, do I cut off 26 to 53? Or go on to cannon beach before heading south?

Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,428 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way Portland to Manzanita

It may not show it on the map, but 53 is one of the curviest roads ever! Really. Just take 26 and then take 101 south to Manzanita.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,196 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way Portland to Manzanita

Hwy 26 to 101 and then south to Manzanita would be fastest. Hwy 53 meanders through forestland and comes out at Nehalem, a few miles south of Manzanita. There's also a gorgeous scenic viewpoint on 101 just north of and overlooking Manzanita.

Edited: 8:39 pm, September 02, 2017
Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
48 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way Portland to Manzanita

Thanks for the guidance! On the map it does look like a fairly straight shot. I'll stick with 26.

Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,428 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way Portland to Manzanita

Yeah, Hoosier, that's why I thought I better mention that:). There is another road like that in eastern Oregon from Enterprise up to Washington where the map shows straight and it has curve after curve after curve. Fun if you have time though:). BTW, I was born a Hoosier and my family moved out here when I was 3. (Indianapolis). Welcome to Oregon!

Edited: 9:35 pm, September 02, 2017
Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,428 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way Portland to Manzanita

I mean welcome when you come, haha.

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
48 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way Portland to Manzanita

Looking forward to the trip, 8 days of checking out your beautiful State, just a little different than all our corn fields. We are just north of Indy in Carmel.

Level Contributor
38,807 posts
1,013 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way Portland to Manzanita

You will love the Oregon Coast! While you are in the area, check out Oswald West State Park, Ecola State Park (Cannon Beach) Hug Point and Arch Cape. Enjoy your time on the Oregon Coast! :)

8. Re: Best way Portland to Manzanita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 05, 2018