We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Little Switzerland

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Little Switzerland

We will be staying in Little Switzerland the week of July 4th. We would like to catch a fireworks show, if there are any, and I am looking for suggestions. It will be me, my husband and our four year old daughter.

Also, any recommendations for things to do/see, where to eat, hikes, etc., would be welcome!

Thank you!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Little Switzerland

Some ideas:

familydaysout.com/kids-things-to-do-usa/…

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Little Switzerland

Thank you!

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,054 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Little Switzerland

There will be fireworks from several of the ski mountains in the Boone-Blowing Rock area. This is also inclusive of Tweetsie Railroad. The following information should help you also.

romanticasheville.com/BlueRidgeParkway.htm

www.blueridgeparkway.org

www.grandfather.com

www.mastgeneralstore.com

www.southernhighlandguild.org

www.visitboonenc.com

www.mountainsofnc.com

www.blowingrock.com

Linville Falls and Gorge

www.highcountryhiking.com

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Little Switzerland

There are a bunch in Blowing Rock but that is a pretty long haul from Little Switzerland, which is more in the Spruce Pine area. I am certain they will have a nice 4th celebration and fireworks dissplay, but you will want to find that website. Since the 4th falls in the middle of the week, there will likely be celebrations from the fourth thru the weekend. Hopefully, you can move around and enjoy several.

Irmo, South Carolina
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Little Switzerland

They have a great fireworks show at Lake Lure.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Little Switzerland

Thanks all! I think our plan is to get there and grab a local newspaper to see what is happening in regards to fireworks.

7. Re: Trip to Little Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 01, 2014