We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Uncongested Beach for Family With Kids?

midwest
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Uncongested Beach for Family With Kids?

Hi everyone! We are planning our beach vacation in late may or june and looking at the panhandle. I have been to Mexico Beach several times and love that it is never congested or crowded. However, we will be staying in a nicer resort (hopefully) through BlueGreen or RCI on another beach. Can you recommend a beach that is beautiful with nearby attractions (within 30 minutes) and good for a family with kids (11 and 8 who have never been to the ocean)? You could also tell me which areas to avoid. For instance, PCB is gorgeous and I have been there. But its much too touristy and party-oriented for us. Specifically looking at Pensacola Beach, Destin, Miramar, Navarre ...Thanks!

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
342 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Uncongested Beach for Family With Kids?

Can't go wrong with Navarre, it's definitely far-less crowded and busy than FWB or Destin once you get on the island. Furthermore, it gets less populated the further west you go, away from Summerwind and the Pier. We've stayed at the Regency and Navarre Towers and had very peaceful vacations there. I might add that the shelling in NB is tremendous. For the most part, you're still equidistant from Pensacola and Destin for anything you might want to do or visit. Pensacola has Fort Pickens, Naval Air Museum and the Blue Angels, and a newer waterfront baseball stadium that features the Pensacola Blue Wahoos. The stadium is gorgeous and we always take in a game while there. A few miles west of Navarre Causeway, on the mainland, is the Gulf Breeze Zoo for the kiddos as well. PB's traffic and beaches aren't has congested as Destin; however, NB still has them both beat by a long shot. With respect to Destin, we still take a day or two to travel over there so we can take out a boat, visit a couple of our favorite dining establishments and do some shopping; but, again, the traffic and crowds of Destin during peak season are absolutely frustrating so we limit our time over there these days. Navarre is just really laid back on the island side. It helps that my son and I like to fish all day and night, while my wife and daughters are perfectly content just to be by or in the water.

2. Re: Best Uncongested Beach for Family With Kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 24, 2015