We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for mid-April family trip, 3 young kids

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go for mid-April family trip, 3 young kids

My wife and I, plus our 3 kids (10, 6, 3) are planning to drive from Wisconsin to Florida panhandle for weeklong low-maintenance vacation between April 12-19. We've never been to the area. I've looked through the forum and I am having a hard time choosing a city. We'd like to spend most of our time on the beach "hanging out." We're open to 2 or 3 days of sight-seeing but overall prefer not to drive too much. Kids would enjoy seeing dolphins, a boat ride, and maybe some snorkeling (not too adventurous). Pensacola seems to have nice beaches and some sightseeing options. Destin seems to be quite developed for tourists. Seagrove sounds quieter. We would prefer to avoid a wild college/high-school spring break scene -- do you think that crowd will have died down by our trip?

Thanks for your help in focusing our search.

Mentioned in this post
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
United States
Florida
Florida
United States
Pensacola Beach
Pensacola Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Seagrove Beach
Seagrove Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Slinger, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for mid-April family trip, 3 young kids

Hi there! I'm also a WI resident and a Tosa East grad, traveling to the FL Panhandle the same week you are! If you want to send me a private message, I can give you some advice on where to go, where to stay, etc. My husband and I have been going to the Panhandle with our kids since they were babies (they're now 8&11) We drive every year so I can give you some tips on the route, where to stay, etc.

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Where to go for mid-April family trip, 3 young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, February 22, 2015