We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Zion, Bryce, and Lake Powell - Stay in Kanab????

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
413 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Zion, Bryce, and Lake Powell - Stay in Kanab????

Hello, I plan on flying into Vegas Aug 10-17 and driving up to Kanab, UT. I want to visit Zion park, Bryce Canyon, and Lake Powell. Is Kanab, UT a good choice to stay for visiting these three locations?

I thought about staying in Page, AZ (Lake Powell) and then switching hotels (near Zion) but I think it will be easier to stay in the same hotel so I’m not moving my luggage. What are your thoughts? Is Kanab OK? Of my stay (Aug 10-17), I only plan on staying in Kanab 10-13 (so three quick days, one day to see each place). Then I’ll head back to Vegas.

Does this sound like a decent plan? I’m renting a car of course. Kanab seems to be central for the three places on my check list – Zion, Bryce, Lake Powell.

Also, will it be super crowded? I wasn’t sure when school starts for kids. I’ll be traveling with my husband only.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks again.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visiting Zion, Bryce, and Lake Powell - Stay in Kanab????

Don't forget the timediffrences. Between Las Vegas and Kanab you'll lose one hour. Gain one hour between kanab and Page (maybe important if you book a tour in Page) . Arizona does not observe daylight saving time except for the Navajo Reservation and Nevada is in another time zone.

12. Re: Visiting Zion, Bryce, and Lake Powell - Stay in Kanab????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 19, 2014