We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local favorites: Pizza, Burgers, BBQ, and Mexican

newark ohio
Level Contributor
642 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Local favorites: Pizza, Burgers, BBQ, and Mexican

I am looking for the locals favorites for Pizza, Mexican, Burgers and BBQ? While we travel we always enjoy the locals opinion and figure they know best places to eat. I am not looking for fancy just good food reasonable prices. We are a family of 4 with teenage sons! Enough said! We can drive 20 or so minutes any direction for dinner if something is in St. George ect. Roadside food trucks included just yummy food!

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,268 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local favorites: Pizza, Burgers, BBQ, and Mexican

No need to travel to St George unless you are trying to escape the crowd. Oscars is everyone's favorite. We have thought Flying Monkey was OK for pizza. A good (not exceptional)sit down place was Wildcat Willies. We walked in and out of Pizza Noodle. I can't comment on the food there, but others recommend it. I did not like the atmosphere. Switchback and Arkansas Als is worth mentioning, but they are on the fancy and pricey side. No bad choices in Springdale, though we had an issue with Thai Supa as well. Here is the list.>> http://www.zionpark.com/Dining.html

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,521 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local favorites: Pizza, Burgers, BBQ, and Mexican

I happen to like the atmoshere of Zion Pizza. Its in an old church, has a little patio out front and a beer garden in back. Just don't plan to go at the height of the dinner rush. It gets very crowded.

Whiptale Grill is good. Its in an old gas station, but who cares!? Again, avoid the dinner rush. There are just a few tables and it fills quick.

Oscars is a favorite.

Arkansas Als has a nice view out the huge picture windows.Usually eat there if I stay at the Majestic View because its convenient.

I've had some pretty good burgers at Flying Monkey.

If you are coming out of Vegas, and want inexpensive mexican food like street tacos, try Tacos el Gordo.Its the real deal, they are based out of Tijuana!

Edited: 12:08 pm, June 11, 2013
3. Re: Local favorites: Pizza, Burgers, BBQ, and Mexican

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, October 04, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,957 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local favorites: Pizza, Burgers, BBQ, and Mexican

There are plenty of good options in St George. However, just so your aware, its going to be about a 45 min drive to them from Zion, so not that convenient.

In Springdale I like Oscars as well.

But, just in case you still want suggestions, or make it through St George area.......

Black Bear Diner..... is very good and inexpensive serving a wide variety of good food. ( even if theres a line out the door, go there anyway, its usually only about a 15 min wait)

For a nicer sit down Meal, the Painted Pony.....

Kneaders Bakery and Cafe.... very good breakfast as well as soup, sandwiches, and extremely good desserts.

For Mexican Food... Cafe Rio is quite authentic and good.

Bear Paw Coffee Company ... is also said to be good for breakfast and lunch,. but I have not eaten there yet. I have not been able to get in they are so busy :)

Chuck-a-Rama.... is also quite good, more basic food, good freshbaked rolls, and a buffet all you can eat place.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
244 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local favorites: Pizza, Burgers, BBQ, and Mexican

Im stayin at St George for my Zion visit. so im interested in the places to eat around there too

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,957 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Local favorites: Pizza, Burgers, BBQ, and Mexican

crow3232,

If you would like any more suggestions of different places to eat, ect just ask.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
244 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Local favorites: Pizza, Burgers, BBQ, and Mexican

thanks. staying at BW in St George so breakfast is included. don't need any exp places. wings, pixxa, etc is fine. and beer

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,957 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Local favorites: Pizza, Burgers, BBQ, and Mexican

The PIzza Factory is good for pizza, and drinks, and likely wings, but I dont know if they have them there or not.

There are many standard food chains to eat at in st George. Alot of the better ones are located on S. River Road.

I like the Taco Time on St George Blvd. They make most everything themselves, and everything is very fresh. Their tacos and empanadas are especially good for a Fast food type of place.

Frankly though, I would just spend most of my time eating at the Black Bear Diner. They have a huge menu, and everything is expecially good ( I dont like thier steak however) and inexpensive, and service is quick. Again, dont be put off by people standing outside waiting. Its usually only about a 15 min wait even then since its a well run restaurant, and quite large.

9. Re: Local favorites: Pizza, Burgers, BBQ, and Mexican

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 15, 2014