We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zion and Bryce Canyon July trip

Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Zion and Bryce Canyon July trip

Hi Experts,

As we now decided to do Glacier in Labor day weekend.

We are interested to do Zion and Bryce Canyon/Cedar break in July 4th long weekend.

We are thinking of 3jul-8jul and taking red eye from LAs Vegas back to Atlanta

Is Zion too hot in July and hows water temperature of narrows, I am not sure if we will be able to cover Bryce but we would love to.

Please suggest, no reservations made so far but hoping we would get as some cancellations will happen, Mainly my wife thinks its too hot as it shows 100F in july.

Thanks

Abhi

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,192 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zion and Bryce Canyon July trip

If you have July 3-8 you definitely have time to do both. Give Zion more time than Bryce, especially if you want to do Kolob Canyon or Cedar Breaks. One night at Bryce is fine. Make sure to be on rim for a sunrise. Bryce will be cooler than Zion. But I wouldn't worry so much about the temps. Humidity is low, Zion offers lots of shade opportunities in the canyon. And 100 degrees there isn't anything like your 100 degrees. We were at Bryce last year for July 4th and it was absolutely beautiful, temps not at all an issue.

Have fun.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,135 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zion and Bryce Canyon July trip

I wouldn't worry too much about the 100 degrees at Zion. Plenty of shade trees, the river, and hotels with pools will make it comfortable. That time of year the river temps average 60-65 degrees, and feels great if you are hiking the Narrows.Do the majority of your hiking in the morning when its cooler. Then switch to water activities in the heat of day, like the Narrows or the innertube ride just outside the park.

Bryce is cooler than Zion as it sits around 8000+ feet. High temps there will probably be in the 80's.

Your issue will be securing lodging. Try for cancellations for the lodges in either Zion or Bryce by CALLING.Don't rely on the websites.Cancellations often happen and get re-booked before they hit the website.

Also try the Rubys complex of hotels near Bryce and any of the hotels in Springdale.

Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zion and Bryce Canyon July trip

Thank you TumbleweedandCactus and dez40.

I think I am good to go.

I love TripAdvisor :)

4. Re: Zion and Bryce Canyon July trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 10, 2014