We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help 6 days Bryce Zion and Grand Cany

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary Help 6 days Bryce Zion and Grand Cany

I would like to spend 6 day in the area I would like to visit Bryce Zion and Grand Canyon any

Suggestion how to divide the time?

Is there other places I can see on the way?

Thanks

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,114 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help 6 days Bryce Zion and Grand Cany

When do you plan on doing this trip? Reason being is that the North Rim of the Grand Canyon is open May 15 to Oct 15.

The best city to fly into for this loop would be Las Vegas.

You could also include Lake Powell/Glen Canyon NRA/Page,AZ into your plan.

With six days five nights, a standard layout for where to divide your time would be: Zion 2 nights, Bryce 1 night, Page/Lake Powell 1 night, GC North Rim 1 night. These spots can be visited in just about any order. When you are travelling in the peak summer season, often the availability of accomodations can dictate the route you will have to take.

There is a list of topics on the right side of the Utah main forum page that provides some info. Also look for the travellers article by Ohiohick about the Grand Circle.

Once you come back with your possible dates/timeframe for this trip, we can suggest a suitable route.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help 6 days Bryce Zion and Grand Cany

Thanks for the reply i plan to do the trip middle of July

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,114 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Help 6 days Bryce Zion and Grand Cany

In July the North Rim of the grand canyon is very much an option for you. It is basically the same canyon as what you will find on the South side, less some of the crowd and park facilities.

The North Rim has an in park lodge, as well as Kaibab Lodge and Jacobs lake Lodge located further out. Also look to stay in the park at Bryce, or nearby in Bryce canyon City (Ruby's Properties), or along SR 12 near the SR63 junction. At Zion stay in Springdale, or even in the in park lodge. At Page, stay at Page if you have any interest in this location. In July you should expect to find accomodations already being fully booked. Report back if you have questions or issues.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Help 6 days Bryce Zion and Grand Cany

Thanks for all the reply this is my plan

This is my plan any suggestion

7/25 Las Vegas

7/26 – 7/27 Zion Sleep in Springdale, or even in the in park lodge

7/27 – Drive to Bryce North Rim has an in park lodge

7/28 Day Tour at Bryce drive to Lake Powel

7/29 Lake Powel Where to sleep

7/30 Drive To GC

7/31 – Day tour GC

8/1 – Driver to Las Vegas

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Help 6 days Bryce Zion and Grand Cany

I think you are confusing Bryce with the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. They are two separate National Parks.

When you say Grand Canyon do you mean South Rim?? North Rim and South Rim of the Grand Canyon are also two separate National Parks that are approx 4-1/2 hours apart by car!

If you have never been to the Grand Canyon I would suggest visiting the South Rim this trip! There are more lodges to choose from and this is the one you most see photographed! At this late day I seriously doubt you will get lodging inside the park at the North Rim!! All the other accommodations for North Rim mentioned above are miles away with Jacob's Lake being approx 40 miles away!!

For Lake Powell (Page, AZ) try the Quality Inn or Days Inn! www.visitpageaz.com has a lot of information to look at for the Page area!!

SJG

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Help 6 days Bryce Zion and Grand Cany

Thanks for the reply and help, I never been Grand Canyon, south and north rim and then driver back to Las Vegas, see below the plan

7/25 Las Vegas

7/26 – 7/27 Zion Sleep in Springdale, or even in the in park lodge

7/27 – Drive to Bryce 7/28 Day Tour at Bryce drive to Lake Powel

7/29 Lake Powel (Page, AZ) try the Quality Inn or Days Inn!

7/30 Drive to GC South RIM?

7/31 – Day tour GC

8/1 – Driver to Las Vegas

If the GC Park is full can you tell me where I can find lodges/inn?

Another question I can had 1-2 days to my stay at GC, is it worth visiting the North RIM?,

Thanks

Edited: 1:35 pm, March 26, 2013
South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary Help 6 days Bryce Zion and Grand Cany

If you can get in park lodging at this date for North Rim and add 1-2 extra days to your trip then yes I would stay! The scenery is different at North Rim because you are actually on a side canyon. The North Rim is much more remote and most of the view points you will have to drive to!! Here is the phone number to call about in park lodging at North Rim: 877-386-4383

If the South Rim lodging is booked you can stay in the town of Tusayan which is right outside the South entrance gates of the park!

I would call for those in park accommodations at Grand Canyon South Rim at: 888-297-2757

SJG

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary Help 6 days Bryce Zion and Grand Cany

thanks for the reply

Should i start in the south rim or the north rim , if i need to driver back to las vegas

9. Re: Itinerary Help 6 days Bryce Zion and Grand Cany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:17 pm, March 26, 2013
Edited: 2:17 pm, March 26, 2013
South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary Help 6 days Bryce Zion and Grand Cany

The distance from either rim back to Las Vegas is just about the same. It will take you approx 5 hours of driving time from either rim back to Vegas.

SJG