We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narrows in mid-late May?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
33 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Narrows in mid-late May?

Hi,

Just trying to get a feel of expecations for potential narrows mid to late May. I know it depends on snowfall, weather, etc. but wondering if anyone could give a good guess of the likelihood we can tackle it - travelling with my gf, we're both late 20's, good shape, above average hikers but no experience in canyons or hiking like this. Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narrows in mid-late May?

The nice thing about hiking the Narrows is that you can go in for as far as you want, then turn around and go back. Assuming it's open, you'll just have to go in and see how you do.

I went in one year the day after they opened it in the spring. I think it was flowing around 140 cfs. We got tired of fighting the current after about a half an hour so we turned around. It was still fun.

2. Re: Narrows in mid-late May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 10, 2014