We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watchman-Labor Day Weekend

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Watchman-Labor Day Weekend

We are hoping to get a reservation Labor Day Weekend in Watchman campground. I did my research and was ready to go this morning so after losing out on a reservation in Yosemite at the THREE SECOND mark for a few days and then finding the entire month of June sold out within 60 seconds, I am now worried we will have the same problem getting in to Watchman. This is the first stop on a 27 day road trip, so the dates are not flexible and we have a larger rig, so there are only a few spots that will work well for us.

Do you think we are going to be in a bind getting a reservation if I am ready to go right away the morning I am able to reserve?

3-Day National Parks Tour from Las...
118 reviews
from $511.00*
Bryce Canyon and Zion Small-Group Tour
112 reviews
from $227.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument...
14 reviews
from $948.99*
$998.99
Special Offer
3-Day National Parks Camping Tour...
83 reviews
from $598.49*
$629.99
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,513 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watchman-Labor Day Weekend

It will be a challenge. Kind of like winning a lottery. Have a plan B

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Watchman-Labor Day Weekend

Oh, that is NOT good!!! Really, really, not good.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watchman-Labor Day Weekend

Sounds like you have an RV? If you can't get into the Watchman Campground you could try the Zion Canyon Campground RV Resort just outside of the entrance to Zion. It's right in Springdale behind the Quality Inn. They have full hook-ups and even have riverside sites. I always stayed there when I had my RV.

Edited: 5:01 pm, January 15, 2013
Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watchman-Labor Day Weekend

lvziggy-I think I want to give you a giant KISS!!! Thank you. Yes, we have an RV. If I have done my research correctly, we can catch the park shuttles from the area near the RV Resort...The main reason we are hoping to get in to Watchman is so we do not have to drive and then park to catch the Park Shuttle Service, but are not too hot on the idea of the (somewhat) dry camping. Why I never thought to look outside the park is beyond me! Thank you so much!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Watchman-Labor Day Weekend

Always happy to help a fellow San Diegoan! I don't live there but I was born there and own a house in Oceanside, so I am a SoCal girl.

6. Re: Watchman-Labor Day Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 17, 2014