We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excited to be staying at the lodge...good deal.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Excited to be staying at the lodge...good deal.

We are coming to Zion this March with our 2 daughters as part of a road trip. We originally had taken staying in the lodge off the list, as the price was almost $200.00 per night. Well they have a special on for our dates...up to 47% off with 2 free breakfasts each morning. We ended up getting the room for just over $100.00 per night...with 2 free breakfasts!!!!

It looks lovely!! Not sure if we will end up eating dinner there though. We have to go into Springdale each evening to pick up/drop off equipment at ZAC, so we'll probably eat dinner in town. Lunches will be picnic style while hiking. So it's just the extra breakfasts for the kids.

Check your dates against the sale...promo code is WNTR.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excited to be staying at the lodge...good deal.

Good for you! That is a great deal. We enjoyed the lodge when we stayed there; it is great o just walk outside and be right in the middle of the park.

Have a great trip!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,310 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excited to be staying at the lodge...good deal.

It's always nice to wake up inside any park. Getting a break like that on the room rate is always cool too. Plan to eat your dinners in Springdale. There are some great dining options there and as long as you'll be there renting and returning gear, it makes sense.

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
284 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excited to be staying at the lodge...good deal.

Very nice deal, I have my reservations for August and yep totaled over 200 a night. No food either lol

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,268 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excited to be staying at the lodge...good deal.

Good deal indeed. Winter is a great time to visit accomodation wise. Many of the hotels etc offer much lower winter rates

Edited: 10:58 pm, January 12, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excited to be staying at the lodge...good deal.

The lodge (we booked a cabin) looks beautiful. The surroundings are so scenic. We can't wait!! I do think we picked a great time of year to go. I know it will be on the cooler side, but all reservations were booked around when we could get Phantom Ranch at GCNP.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excited to be staying at the lodge...good deal.

I would definitely plan to eat dinner in Springdale--the food in the lodge for dinner is average at best. The last time we were there, in October, breakfasts were better--choice of buffet or ordering off the menu. Still just adequate, but it will fill you up and with two of them being free, the price is certainly right.

7. Re: Excited to be staying at the lodge...good deal.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 17, 2014