We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long sould i spend in Zion???

Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
How long sould i spend in Zion???

Hi Guys,

Im heading To Las Vegas for two weeks with the women and i realy wanna go see Zion National park,I would personally like to rent a car and drive and spend maybe a day or two and do my own thing instead of doing a tour..Can anybody recommend of where to stay,how long and what to see etc please.

Thanks Guys :)

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,181 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long sould i spend in Zion???

Wow, two weeks in Vegas? That's a LONGGG time. Good to get out of there. Definitely spend a minimum of two nights. Zion takes a bit to absorb. Three or four nights would be even better. Best bet is to find a nice hotel in Springdale, which is right at the entrance to the park. We like Flanigan's or Desert Pearl

Have fun.

Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How long sould i spend in Zion???

Whats up Tumbleweed,

Thanks for the reply,Yeas so i keep been told by ppl that it is long for Vegas but im coming from Ireland and like that want to spend a few days at Zion.If i stay in Springdale,can i just hop into my rental car and take off in the morning through the park or what??????? thank you :)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,766 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long sould i spend in Zion???

Stay in Springdale and you can walk or shuttle to the park entrance where you'll board the mandatory shuttle into the park. You wouldn't want to take your car there. No parking and the shuttle works great.

Add another couple of days and nights to visit Bryce NP.

Skip LV as much as you dare to add Page AZ, Grand Canyon NP ad maybe even Sedona. Two weeks is plenty of time for all of those place and way too long IMO for LV.

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
565 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long sould i spend in Zion???

Maybe you should first start looking into Zion at http://www.nps.gov/zion/index.htm.

If you are going soon, there are frequent shuttles from Springdale that lead to the park shuttle, which is mandatory in summer.

If I were you I would also go to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (about 3 hours from Zion, 5 from Vegas) or some of the other near-by parks as opposed to spending so much time in Vegas.

Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How long sould i spend in Zion???

Hi Redrox,

Thanks you for your reply,yeas i was looking at Desert Pearl in Springdale as Tumbleweed suggested i think i will stay there,thanks for clearing up the car issue :) Is Byrce far from Zion.Thank you

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
184 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long sould i spend in Zion???

My research shows that Zion is about 2 hours from Bryce. I am personally flying into Vegas and staying for 2 nights then renting a car and heading to Flagstaff with a stop at Hoover Dam then driving a little of historic Route 66. I then plan to stay in Flagstaff for 3 nights using it as a home base to do day trips to the Grand Canyon and Sedona as well as doing some of the things in Flagstaff then driving 5-6 hours over to Bryce then 2 hours to Zion where we will stay a few nights then back to Vegas to fly home. It is somewhat of a circle and there are many more stops that we just can't fit inwith the time we have. I highly suggest doing some research on the many things to do within driving distance of Vegas. Google up the Grand Circle and it will give you an idea of all there is to do. Two weeks should allow you to do lots if you leave Vegas. You are on the right track by asking here. All of my trips start with research on TripAdvisor. Have fun!!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,766 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long sould i spend in Zion???

Bryce is indeed about a 2 hour drive from Zion. The distance is less than 60 miles, but the drive through East Zion is deserving of a half day or more of your Zion time and still takes time, even if you're just driving through. Then you'll want to stop and spend a little time at Red Canyon as you approach Bryce. It's a teaser but not to be missed.

Desert Pearl is our favorite place to stay in Springdale. You can't go wrong with that.

Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How long sould i spend in Zion???

Guys,

Thank you for all the info it is much appreciated,cannot wait to go see these places :)

Strandhill, Ireland
Level Contributor
476 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How long sould i spend in Zion???

The drive from Bryce to Zion (or vice versa) via east entrance is superb! Takes around 2 hours as mentioned. Seeing you are in Vegas for so long, escape another day by going to Valley of Fire, about 1 hour outside the city. Go for the afternoon as the park turns spectacular around sunset. It's different to Zion/Bryce.

Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How long sould i spend in Zion???

Hi, sorry this might sound stupid but can u just drive around valley of fire urslef or like Zion do u have to get the buses through??