We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angel's Landing video posted.

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
219 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Angel's Landing video posted.

There are always a lot of questions on this forum about the hike up Angel's Landing. I have done it twice and it is an awesome hike. It is hard to get an exact idea of the hike from pictures. I just posted a video of our hike up it from a few years ago. The video shows the most difficult sections of the hike. The video begins at Scout's Rest. Here is the link: www.tripadvisor.com/members-videos/jmf4

John

Mentioned in this post
Angel's Landing
Angel's Landing
2,435 Reviews
Zion National Park, UT
Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Angel's Landing video posted.

Awesome video! almost got vertigo watching it

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Angel's Landing video posted.

Great! Thanks a lot! That just blew any chance we ever had of ever getting Donna anywhere near the Angles Landing hike. /TIC

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
536 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Angel's Landing video posted.

That's us sorted too - no way!! :-)

Karen

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,247 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Angel's Landing video posted.

Hah, jmf4.... I think you just figured out how to keep that trail less crowded. :-)

So Cal
Level Contributor
10,582 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Angel's Landing video posted.

Honestly, I don't remember it being as scary as that video looks...

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
219 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Angel's Landing video posted.

Sorry I scared anybody from the hike. I really didn't mean to. This is one of the best hikes that I have ever done.

Believe it or not, my wife (who is in the video) used to be afraid of heights. This hike and Half Dome in Yosemite cured her of her fears.

John

Mentioned in this post
Half Dome
Half Dome
1,283 Reviews
Yosemite National Park, CA
Kerhonkson, New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Angel's Landing video posted.

Great video! It's so hard to try and describe how amazing this hike is. Now that I watch the video I'm pretty impressed that I did it! I am semi-afraid of hgts and the whole trip up this hike I was too afraid to stop and take photos. But once you get to the top and get used to the elevation it's not soo scary. Took many photos on the way back.

8. Re: Angel's Landing video posted.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 25, 2009