We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging Recommendations

Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Lodging Recommendations

Does anyone have any recommendations for lodging in/near Zion and Bryce. We plan to stay 5 days around Zion and 5 days around Bryce. We like B&B's or places that have kitchens so we can cook a few meals ourself.

utah
Level Contributor
386 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging Recommendations

check out Zionponderosa.com

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,645 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging Recommendations

If you like to cook then I can't help but we stayed 3 nights at The Novel House Inn in Springdale on the edge of Zion. A well constructed newish building with 10 rooms all named after an author (novel - geddit?!). Good sized rooms with large bath/showers, a delightful study with loads of books and games, a small outdoor patio and a welcoming breakfast room. Rates start from about $120.00 per night.

There are plenty of decent restaurants in Springdale and nowhere is that far to walk although the shuttle bus that also takes you to the entrance to Zion stops at 4 or 5 places along the main road.

At Bruce we stayed at the lodge. The motel rooms are fairly ordinary but the location cannot be beaten. There are a few nice sounding B&B's in nearby Tropic.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging Recommendations

At Zion, I'd definitely recommend staying in Springdale. Just outside of the park, a free shuttle takes you in. Also, lots of great dining and lodging options. We stayed at Flanigan's Inn, very nice. We had large 2 bedroom apt. (familyof 4) and our own private patio. They have a big heated pool, nice size jacuzzi, hiking trail to a cool labrynth (sp?) on top of a mountain behind the inn, and a very nice restaurant. They're also right in front of a shuttle stop. I also heard Desert Pearl and Cliffrose are very nice places to stay.

We did Bryce as a day trip from Springdale (what a ride through to the west side of Zion!!). If we had stayed there, I would have opted for Bryce Lodge. We ate lunch there - very nice! Watch the high altitute in Bryce - drink plenty of water - don't overdo the hiking. My husband and son didn't feel well with the change in altitude. Make sure you carry a water bottle for any hikes, and sugary snack are supposed to help too.

4. Re: Lodging Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 pm, May 17, 2005
san francisco
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging Recommendations

Whenever I'm at Zion I stay at Flannigan's Inn. Nice sized rooms, not too expensive, and it's literally steps from the shuttle stop. The restaurant is also fabulous. Sit outside on the patio in the evening to watch the sunset turn the rocks red. Get the pumpkin seed encrusted local trout and wash it down with Polygamy Porter. Yum!

5 days at Bryce strikes me a little much.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
687 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging Recommendations

In Bryce, definitely stay at the Lodge if you can get accommodations. The cabins are rustic, and the motel rooms are basic, but you are steps away from the canyon rim, and there's nothing like stepping outside your cabin door to see sunrise or sunset on the canyon. If you like to hike, you'll find plenty to do in 5 days at Bryce.

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging Recommendations

I recommend Zion Mountain Resort. It's located at the East entrance to Zion so it's more convenient to Bryce than staying around Springdale. They have beautiful individual log cabins with fridge and microve and hotplate, so it functions well.

I would stay there again.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodging Recommendations

I just returned today from Zion...Stayed at the Majestic View Lodge in Springdale. We traveled to Bryce (between 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours depending on Tunnel traffic) and North Rim of Grand Canyon (about 2 1/2 to 3 hours)...I originally thought of staying on east side of Zion, but after being there, I am glad I didn't because it seemed like there was no place to go other than your resort. Staying in Springdale allowed for some after-dinner walks through town, with small shops, ice cream parlors, etc.

We didn't stay at Bryce. If you don't plan on doing a lot of hiking, a day trip to Bryce should be enough.

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
718 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lodging Recommendations

What is the Quality inn like in Springdale?

los angeles
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lodging Recommendations

I stayed at Driftwood Lodge in Springdale last week. there is a nostalgia factor as my family has been staying there since the 1960's when it was the only decent thing in town. The trees are big and cool and shady and the restaurant's open again and as good as I remember. It is further out in Springdale but the shuttle stops there. It was about 80/night. I amy not be totally objective, but I always feel that I am getting a good deal there and, since I can get breakfast at 7AM and still get a parking spot at the Canyon shuttle lot, it works out fine. I am sure that Desert Pearl is lovely and, if money's not an object, might be the best choice. I am sticking with the tree-shaded Driftwood Lodge for summer Zion trips (fall/winter I would try to get a deal at the Lodge). As for Bryce, get a cabin at the Lodge if you can.