We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far to Luray Caverns from Skyland Resort?

Which Shenandoah National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How far to Luray Caverns from Skyland Resort?

First, thanks to everyone who responded to my post about October weather!

Can anyone tell me how far it is to the Caverns from Skyland? I tried it on Mapquest and it doesn't come up. Is Skyland Resort south of Luray?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,844 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far to Luray Caverns from Skyland Resort?

Go to blueridgeskyline.com and click on Maps. Then select the northern map. Skyland is between Milepost 41 and 42. It's less than 10 miles to Thornton Gap where you would pick up US 211 into Luray. It doesn't look like a long ride at all.

pittsburgh
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: How far to Luray Caverns from Skyland Resort?

The total trip to the caverns will be about 20 miles . Ten miles on the drive . Then 10 Miles on 211 west . Make sure that you stay on 211 ,do not take 211 buisness through the town of Luray if you want to save time. Total time about 40 min or less depending on the deer.

3. Re: How far to Luray Caverns from Skyland Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 12, 2009