We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos & Bugs that Bite

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
60 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos & Bugs that Bite

Can anyone comment on the current conditions regarding mosquitos and other flying pests? This year has been among the worst in my memories at home and I'm wondering if I should stock up on bug repellants before going. I'll be staying in the park for several nights and am planning several day hikes.

Thanks in advance for your response!

conn
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos & Bugs that Bite

mosquitos not a big promblem in the park. ticks can be a concern while hiking

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
386 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos & Bugs that Bite

We were at the river last weekend and to my surprise we didn't see any mosquitos! I sprayed us with OFF from the knees down and we got no bites, either. But I never saw one flying around my face, or other areas I didn't spray. It was fine!

3. Re: Mosquitos & Bugs that Bite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 21, 2013