We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Sequoia & Kings Canyon

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nevada City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Sequoia & Kings Canyon

We're considering taking our honeymoon in the Sequoia and Kings Canyon area, in late June/early July. Is this a good idea and does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

-SJB

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Sequoia & Kings Canyon

My wife and I have been there numerous times at the exact time you're going. We love it. One year we counted five bears on a long July 4 weekend but last year only one.

We arrive from the south and usually stay our first night at the Buckeye Tree Lodge in Three Rivers. We sometimes take a day trip to the Silver King area then it's two nights in Three Rivers.

When you look at a map, the town of Three Rivers looks close to the park entrance but there's a five thousand foot climb on switchbacks; not something you want to do more than once.

I recommend taking an ice chest, and sandwich fixings so you can eat lunch each day where ever and when ever you want.

There is a Kings Canyon Lodge which is very convenient but I don't think most people would enjoy staying there. They do have the most amazing 80 or 90 year old gravity gas pumps. Some people go there just to buy five gallons of gas and watch.

Level Contributor
34,451 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Sequoia & Kings Canyon

Check out the Sequoia-Montecito Resort. It's a very nice place with gorgeous views of the Continental Divide from the property. Your stay includes a 3 meal a day buffet and a 24 hr. hospitality bar. In June & July there will be tennis, horse back riding and even sailing on the small lake there. Also very nice hikes around the area and a swimming pool and jacuzzi there. Congrats and enjoy the parks! :)

3. Re: Honeymoon in Sequoia & Kings Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...