We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MIneral King Marmots

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,642 posts
446 reviews
Save Topic
MIneral King Marmots

My wife has suggested including Mineral King as part of our next trip to Sequoia; works for me. While researching our first trip I remembered reading about the varmits chewing through radiator hoses, but since we were not going to Mineral King then I did not worry about it. So I've been doing a little mor reading and some of the information indicates that the marmots are a problem in "spring and early summer." Our current plan is to visit in late August or early September. So, are those critters not an issue during that time of year?

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: MIneral King Marmots

Usually they are not a problem in late summer, the rangers indicate the problem disappears after early July.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,642 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MIneral King Marmots

Thanks, FresnoFacts. That's the message I was getting from around the web, but the "end date" was not clear.

3. Re: MIneral King Marmots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...