We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sequoia and kings canyon vacation

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coppell, Texas
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sequoia and kings canyon vacation

We are planning a vacation for this summer. I need ideas/itineraries for what to do with a 11, 13 and 15 year old. I always come to this site for ideas for our vacations and usually get all my questions answered by reading other posts. Thought I'd try to ask myself this time. Where would be a good location to stay? Somewhere central. We often like to rent a house for the week, but do not know if this is an option here. Any thoughts on where to fly into? We are coming from the Dallas, TX area. Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

Coppell, Texas
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: sequoia and kings canyon vacation

Thank you everyone for the ideas and advice. We are leaving this weekend. Flying in and out of Fresno. Two nights at Wuksachi Lodge and then three nights at Hume Lake. Also going to go up to Yosemite after that for a day. That close, have to see it too even if it is just hitting the highlights!

Looking forward to a great trip!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: sequoia and kings canyon vacation

Have a wonderful trip.

Coppell, Texas
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: sequoia and kings canyon vacation

Our vacation was great! I would recommend staying in Sequoia over Yosemite. Definitely not as crowded and less touristy, but enough if that makes sense. Loved Hume Lake! We thought we would use it as a base 'camp' and travel out some of the days, but absolutely loved it there! So much to do that we didn't need to leave. The views from there were amazingly beautiful! THank you everyone for your suggestions! Now, where to go next summer?!?

Canada
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: sequoia and kings canyon vacation

"Now, where to go next summer?!?"

Utah (Zion, Bryce and Page), and Arizona!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,842 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: sequoia and kings canyon vacation

Thank you for reporting back! I think you've been bitten by the Sequoia bug - it is indeed so much less crowded and so much to see.

I'm guessing the kids really liked the forest - for kids, there's almost no better place to play and much of the forest is quite safe for them (with lots of rocks to climb and enormous logs/trees to play inside).

16. Re: sequoia and kings canyon vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 18, 2014