Hi, I'm planning to go to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park this summer (2012). I chose to stay at the "Tent Cabin" (the very basic cabin w/a canvas tarp on the roof -- NOT Rastic Cabin or Camp Cabin) to experience the feeling of camping inside the park without bringing our own tent or RV.
Here is some information that I have read from reviews. Please correct or update the information below. Also please add any information you may want to share;
1. The TENT cabin (again, NOT the rastic or camp cabin) has no electricity.
2. Bedding is provided. (No sleeping bags required.)
3. A Battery operated lantern will be provided upon arrival.
4. Towels are available at the shower rooms.
5. Bathrooms have flush toilets.
6. Protect food from mice and bears.
7. Bring your own flushlights.
8. No creeks or rivers to play around this facility.
Here are some questions I would like to ask;
1. Can we park our car next to the tent cabin, or do we have to park our car away from the cabin?
2. Are we allowed to cook right outside of the tent cabin? (Is there a fire ring available for each property or are there any fire rings at the facilities?)
3. Are there any places we can entertain our kids WITHIN Grant Grove Village?
4. Are there any camp fire sites at the facilities?
5. Should I bring bug(mosquito) spray?
6. Are we allowed to use candles inside the tent cabin?
7. Are there any recommended supplies for this stay?
8. Were food prices reasonable at the restaurant in the village? (What kind of food offered, and how much were they?)
9. Are there shampoo and body soap (gel) available in the shower rooms?
10. Is there enough toilet paper, hand soap and paper towels in the bathrooms?
If any, please upload your photos inside and outside of the tent cabin!
Thank you so much in advance!