We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VISINTNG yesomite, sequovia and Grand canyon via death vall

lexington
2 posts
Save Topic
VISINTNG yesomite, sequovia and Grand canyon via death vall

I1. first day I am flying from atlanta to san francisco where I am staying overnight to visit golden gate.

2.second day I am driving to yeeomite and I am staying at Curry village cabin at overnight.

3. Third day afternoon I am driving to sequovia and satying onvernight at inside of the park lodge.

4. Fouth dayat approximately 11. a.m i am driving to Las vegas via death vally

5. Fourth and fifth night I am staying at las vegas to have some gambling fun and visit Hoover dam.

6. Sixth night I am driving to South Rim Of Grandcanyon Via zion canyon road. And I am going to stay sixth and 7th night at grand canyon in side of the park.

7. Eight day early morning driving to Phoneix via sedona and flying back to atlanta.

Any comments or suggestion?

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VISINTNG yesomite, sequovia and Grand canyon via death vall

Hi Thannir.

Who am I to judge an itinerary like this but it is very long and you'll miss a lot of things. What time of year are you coming? I would leave Sequoia NP for another time and drive from SF to Yosemite directly. Starting early in the morning and take as much of this great NP. Will be a short visite though. Then drive Tioga Pass and visit Mono Lake near Lee Vining, south on us 395. Drive June Lake Loop, visit to Bishop and to Lone Pine for the night. Next day drive from Lone Pine to Las Vegas visiting Death Valley NP.

Driving from Sequoia NP to Death Valley and to Las Vegas hardly can be done in one day.. Flying Atlanta-SF, pick up car and visit Golden Gate. Many more things to do in SF.

Also driving from Las Vegas via Zion to GCSR in one day will be hard. Zion is a great NP and at least one day here. Maybe drive from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon SR in about 5 hours takien is93 and I 40 and visit Hoover Dam on yuor way. From GCSR to Phoenix, visit Sedona and leave same day wil give you very few time for lovely Sedona.

lexington
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: VISINTNG yesomite, sequovia and Grand canyon via death vall

IThanks very much of your reply

we have booked flight from atlanta to SF and from Phoneix to Atlanta. We will be driving the one way rental car from SF to phoneix. This trip strats from next week in april. Total time we are spending is 6 nights & 7 days. It is my understanding that tioga pass is closed during this time from yesomite to viist all the places you have suggested. So we have planned to Visit and stay at sequovia after one day stay at yesomite on the way to las vegas. so total 3 days will be passed with (one night at SF, One night at yesomite and one night at Sequovia). Remianing four nights we planned for las vegas and GCNP.

1. Is it best to go and stop at lone pine to see mt. whitney and death valley on the way to las vegas from sequovia? (I know it is a long drive and detuor.) or just drive straight to las vegas from Sequovia and forget about mt. whitney and death valley to avoid long drive? Does sequovia compensates the mountain views of lone pine eventhough mt. whitney is not viisble from sequovia?

2. we are staying two nights at Las vegas and two nights at GCNP. So we thought to drive from las vegas to GCNP via zion to have the glimpses. I am wondering if its a good idea to spend couple of hours atr zion?

3. Since we are not having much time after GCNP so just want to drive through from sedona to have glimses of redrock country.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VISINTNG yesomite, sequovia and Grand canyon via death vall

Yes, Tioga Pass will be closed in april. As your overnight stays are set in stone I would not recommend to drive via Lone Pine to Las Vegas. That will be a 10 hours drive with a fueltop and drive from Sequoia to Bakersfield and from Bakersfield to Ridgecrest. Now you can enter DV via Panamint Springs and drive to Las Vegas. Won't be that much shorter. You can visit Hoover Dam on your way to Grand Canyon. In your first post you mentioned "eight days early drive" but in your last one it was only 6 nights, 7 days. Rather confusing. You can't see Mount Whitney from the western side of the Sierra Nevada. The views on Mount Whitney from Lone Pine, especially in april, are breathtaking but you already will see great mountains before.Maybe others can help. Fyi: It is Yosemite NP, Sequoia NP and Phoenix. Hope you don't mind me telling you.

4. Re: VISINTNG yesomite, sequovia and Grand canyon via death vall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 29, 2009