We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great tent spot about to be available for this weekend

Chicago
Level Contributor
277 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Great tent spot about to be available for this weekend

Dear Helpful Tridadvisors: a stomach virus has laid my daughter low, so we can't come to CO as planned. Sad for us, but maybe good for you: I'm about to cancel a reservations for this week Sat-Mon in Moraine Park CG for a very nice walk-in tent spot (D141). Maybe one of you can grab it and enjoy the view of Long's Peak.

I'll also be canceling one at Guanella Pass CG, but don't think that's a tough place to find a mid-week spot.

Enjoy.

Chicago
Level Contributor
277 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great tent spot about to be available for this weekend

Whoops. That's Sat- Tuesday. 3 nights.

rky
Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
Level Contributor
624 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great tent spot about to be available for this weekend

If I were not already planning a backcountry trip on the west side of the park those same nights, I might just have picked that up. Sorry you are not going to be able to go! Hope your daughter feels better soon!

Park City, Utah...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great tent spot about to be available for this weekend

Wow, I'd really love to grab that spot! I was just looking for one there for that Sat. and Sun. Did you already cancel? It is not showing up on recreation.gov.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,023 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great tent spot about to be available for this weekend

Shannon, call toll free 877-444-6777 for Moraine Park CG reservations.

Park City, Utah...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great tent spot about to be available for this weekend

Thanks! Looks like our new dates are Sat. 8/11 and Sunday 8/12 and apparently the reserved spots are booked. Might have to try for the first-come, first-served spots in Moraine or one of the other campgrounds.

6. Re: Great tent spot about to be available for this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 21, 2013