We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help Please!!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
I need help Please!!

We have 8 days to see so many things! I am hoping that someone can helps us come up with a plan! My husband and I are 60 and in good shape.. We are used to putting a lot of activities into our trips due to time restraints. We are also bringing our 28 yr daughter and her boyfriend. This is our wish list:

*Seattle - Pike Market, Space Needle and experience a ferry

*Olympic National Park - Visit Beach 1, 2, 3 and Rialto, Marymere Falls, Hurricane Ridge, Hoh Rain Forest

*San Juan Islands- kayak trip, whale watch

*Victoria Island - Butchart Gardens and ?

We are arriving on July 12 into Seattle so will spend 1 full day there. Then we thought ONP for 3 nights(altho I cannot find lodging, suggestions please) 2 nights on San Juan Islands, again lodging suggestions and tour guide recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Onto Victoria for a night and back to Seattle July 20th for Sunday departure.

I was hoping for Lake Crescent Lodge Cabins but they are full. I know I am late with reservations but health issues pushed our vacation back. Would love as much info as possible. especially with driving times to different agendas. If there is something that I have not listed and we should see please let me know. Really the highlight of our trip will be if we can see the Orcas while kayaking! But know there is so much to see in your beautiful state! Thank you!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I need help Please!!

Greetings!

First of all I would like to thank all of the TA Experts for your excellent posts! Your wealth of information helps travellers like us make the best use of limited time to visit your beautiful part of the country! Reading your entries to all posts helps us immensely!

Our trip is drawing near. I have spent hours researching and making reservations. I have a few additional questions.

We now only have 1 full day(July 19) and another only til 6pm when we drive to Bainbridge to catch the 8:10 ferry to Seattle. Unfortunately the tide for the 19th is low at 3:49pm and at 3.09 ft. Will that be low enough to hike to the hole in wall or to see the sea cave/ tide pools or even hike Beach 2?

I am planning on driving the west sights on Friday, July 19th and staying closer to Port Angeles on Sat., July 20th when we have to depart for Bainbridge. This is my tentative itinerary for ONP:

We arrive from Victoria BC @9pm on Thursday, July 18th. Would there be enough time to drive up Hurricane Ridge and watch the sunset? We would leave right from the ferry landing.

We have rented a house on the east side of Port Angeles on the sea

Friday, July 19th( we need to leave early any idea where we could pick up boxed lunches for the day?)

Rialto Beach

First Beach and Second Beach (is the Third Beach any different?)

HOH Rain Forest

Saturday, July 20th

Hurricane Ridge

Crescent Lake Spruce Railroad Trail to Devils Punchbowl

Hike to Sol Duc Falls

Does this sound doable? Any other suggestions?

I will post my entire itinerary in a different post. We decided to go to Mt Rainier for a day and forego Seattle. I see that some of you are also experts for Rainier and would like input on or 1- 1/2 days there.

Again, I cannot thank you all enough for your help.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,624 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: I need help Please!!

You will not make to Hurricane Ridge for sunset. Do not spend the time exploring that many beaches. Choose Rialto and Second. Spend more time making the best of where you are. Unless you are spending little time at the Hoh I would only visit one beach. You can always hike those beaches even at high tide, it just takes more time and is not as easy walking. Kaleberg will tell you where to get your lunches I Always get mine in Sequim. I would Saturday you have enough time, but not sure how much time you are spending at the Ridge. I would make Spruce Railroad my lowest prority. Pleasant trail, but a second growth forest. Sorry I'm an old growth snob!

I am assuming you are hopping to make the 8:10 ferry and do not hope to. Saturday can be busy as many people in Summer go to the Penninsula for the day and return in the evening. Always hard to predict unless it is a Sunday when it is packed returning to Seattle.

Christy is the Rainier expert. Try and avoid a weekend. Paradise is vey popular, but for a good reason. Reflection Lakes and maybe a walk to Comet Falls. I would ask Christy just before you go to let you know if you can see avalanche lilies anywhere.

Ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: I need help Please!!

If still looking for lodging check out www.juniperlaneguesthouse.com on the San Juan Islands and http://www.huckleberryforks.com/ just outside of Forks for beach and HOH rainforest area.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: I need help Please!!

We were planning on taking the 8:10 ferry to Seattle. What do we need to do to get on it? Should we make reservations?

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: I need help Please!!

You just pay at the toll both and park where they tell you. Then when the boat loads, follow the car in front of you.

Reservations are not possible.

16. Re: I need help Please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 28, 2014