We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Olympic Peninsula

Cisliano, Italy
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Olympic Peninsula

Hi,

I open my own thread.

I like to visit the peninsula in three days in July.

We start from Port Angeles on 7/22 and we have 3 days. We will drive back to Vancouver on the morning of 25.

We like stay in the nature, I love lakes, forest and beautiful landscapes. We like hiking but we are not expert.

I'd like to visit these places, it's possible? We are not afraid of distances and wake up early, every year we drive many kilometers during holidays...

Hurricane Ridge - Lake Crescent - Sol Duc Falls - Deer Lake - Rialto - Hoh rainforest - Ruby Beach - Quinault lake and then to Vancouver.

How many time to visit every place? I guess in some places we will take only some pictures, for the falls for example, we saw many falls during last trips.

thank you for your help and sorry for the poor english, I can't explain so well...

Cisliano, Italy
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Olympic Peninsula

Sorry I forgot, we want not spend too much for accomodation, the important is to have a clean bed...

I think to spend one night in Forks and two at Quinault lake...

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,174 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Olympic Peninsula

Deer Lake might not be accessible, due to snow at the upper reaches of the trail. It is also a fairly steep, long climb that ascends 1600 ft. over roughly two hours. Everything else on your list can be done in three days.

Your English is much better than my Italian.

Cisliano, Italy
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Olympic Peninsula

ok! Do you have some suggestion for structures where to sleep?

I didn't found many places...

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,174 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Olympic Peninsula

No, I don't. The Olympic National Park area has a relatively small number of lodgings, and they are priced to reflect that. I don't know what you regard as inexpensive, but July is high season, and there will be no bargains. What is your price range?

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,292 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Olympic Peninsula

Kaleberg is right prices will not be cheap in the heart of summer. At around $100 you can stay at the Pacific Inn in Forks. For abot $110 US, at Quinault the two places I would consider at around $110-$120 US are the Quinault River Inn and Rainforest Resort. If available the River Inn is nicer. To see acommadations for both areas google Forks Chamber of Commerce and Quinault Rainforest. Anything cheaper I can not recommend. I know a lot of these places, so if you find somthing available get back to me and I will give you my opinion.

Cisliano, Italy
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in Olympic Peninsula

Hello!

I've maked a reservation here for the first two nights near Forks, very good comments and quiet beautiful placehttp://mistyvalleyinn.com/

At Quinault lake i tryed to reserve here http://www.lochaerie.com but they required two night stay minimum... I'm waiting for a response if we can sleep for only one night...

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,292 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days in Olympic Peninsula

I have never stayed at Misty Valley but I drive by it all of the time. I have friends in Forks that recommend it. Good choice! I can guarantee you that Lochaerie Resort will not accept a one night stay in Summer. I have stayed there. Did you check on Quinault River Inn?

Cisliano, Italy
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 days in Olympic Peninsula

not yet, I prefere waiting for Lochaerie response before check on another structure...

9. Re: 3 days in Olympic Peninsula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 30, 2014