We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic Peninsula in mid to late March

Vancouver
Level Contributor
259 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Olympic Peninsula in mid to late March

Our family of four with kids 11 and 13, are contemplating visiting the Olympic Peninsula over the spring break. However, we only have a weekend to work with, possibly leaving after work on Thursday night from Vancouver, BC and heading back Sunday.

Please suggest places to visit given the limited amount of time and the weather at this time of the year. Also, accomodation that's not too expensive. So far, these are the places I've gathered from some of the forums: Dungeness Spit, Hurricane Ridge, Hoh Rain Forest, Sol Duc Hot Springs, Ruby Beach.... We'll skip Port Townsend, as we've been there a number of times. I don't think we'll want to go any further than Ruby Beach.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
Washington
Hurricane Ridge
Hurricane Ridge
1,437 Reviews
Olympic National Park, WA
Hoh Rain Forest
Hoh Rain Forest
1,130 Reviews
Sol Duc Hot Springs
Sol Duc Hot Springs
204 Reviews
Ruby Beach
Ruby Beach
936 Reviews
Port Townsend
Port Townsend
Washington
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,724 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Olympic Peninsula in mid to late March

I think Kaleberg anwered your question. Different visitor centers, different locations. It is less than two miles to Hole in the Wall. The problem is you are walking in loose beach pebles at high tide and going around driftwood. That means the walk will take longer. At hightide you at best will only get near hole in the wall. Make seeing the sunset your priority, not how far you get. You do not want to walk back in dark at hightide. I hope you can see a sunset. As you know from living here Spring Break on the Ocean may not be clear skies.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Olympic Peninsula in mid to late March

Thanks, Glaciermeadows and Kaleberg, for clarifying. I realized the error last night (it was google map's fault :D--if you type in Hoh Rain Forest Visitor Center on Google map, it takes you to Port Angeles). I've taken out Hoh Rain Forest from Day 2.

Mentioned in this post
Port Angeles
Port Angeles
Washington
Hoh Rain Forest
Hoh Rain Forest
1,130 Reviews
13. Re: Olympic Peninsula in mid to late March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 18, 2014