We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Seattle, Kitsap, Olympic National

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
44 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Seattle, Kitsap, Olympic National

Squeezed a lot in a short period of time. Husband was on business in Bremerton so that was home base. Thursday afternoon/evening we stayed on Kitsap Peninsula and headed to Point No Point Lighthouse and park, enjoyed walking the beach, the view of the lighthouse, walking paths and watching a beautiful bald eagle! We drove thru Kingston just to see it, stopped in Indianola and walked out on the pier and had a pretty good view of Mt Ranier. Than we headed to Poulsbo! or Little Norway. What a special little town, the shops closed at six so we couldn't shop, but we had a wonderful dinner, meandered the streets and of course got a few things from the bakery!

Friday, hubby came home a little earlier so we decided to go to Seattle. I figured I should ride at least one ferry. We headed to Pikes Market and saw some of it but not much, it was so crowded people were shoving. I think there were some cruise ships in and maybe just being August. So I saw it, but didn't get to experience it. Hit the ferry back to Bremerton and drove up to Seabeck and had dinner up there on the water.

Now the real adventure. Saturday we headed towards the beach. Stopped a few times to enjoy the breathetaking views of Lake Crescent. Rialto Beach was first on the list. Now thats what you call drift wood!!! Visibility was poor on the beach and only on the beach. it was sunny and 80 my entire visit. We went for a walk and crawled up and down the wood. Next stop Second Beach. What a beautiful .8 of a mile walk thru the forest, a nice path and just very enjoyable. When I came down the last part of the path and saw those sea stacks I was so excited. It was still low tide too so we did some investigating in the tide pools and saw anemone and starfish. We spent a couple hours here but I could have easily spent more, plenty of people camping on the beach here. The views just breathtaking and at low tide an adventure. Quick stop by First Beach. Rialto and First Beach are pretty accessable thru parking lots right there. the .8 of a mile walk thru the forest was so worth seeing Second Beach. Stopped in Forks for the night, not because of Twilight but because that is where there was a room. Forks Motel, clean and a place to lay your head for the night.

Sunday, per TA's reccomendations we did Sol Duc Falls and highly recommend it as top of the list. We saw deer right in the parking lot to the trailhead. Again fairly easy walk, but very enjoyable thru the woods to the falls. Sun was making beautiful rainbows thru the sprays of the waterfalls. a great stop! Next Hurricane Ridge and my husband was so excited to take me here! Totally accessable to anyone as its an hours drive (?) up the mountain and on top you can just enjoy the views or get out and about and explore. Deer in sight everywhere, they were hot and seeking shade. It was 80 on top too. Breathetaking views. Loved it.

Time to start heading back to Bremerton, but first we sought out a lavendar farm just to see one and than fell upon Dungeness Wildlife Refuge. That was a pretty neat place. We didn't have a lot of time to explore but if someone didn't want to drive all the way to the Pacific,this is a good stop besides there were no sea stacks.

Last nights dinner before heading to the airport was the Boat Shed! very nice sitting outside on the water and we both enjoyed our meals.

I didn't see a seal or otters. But what a trip I had! The beautiful scenery! Thank you Washington.

Edited: 3:13 pm, August 14, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Bremerton
Bremerton
Washington
Kingston
Kingston
Washington
Indianola
Indianola
Washington
Poulsbo
Poulsbo
Washington
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Seabeck
Seabeck
Washington
Crescent Lake
Crescent Lake
604 Reviews
Olympic National Park, WA
Rialto Beach
Rialto Beach
539 Reviews
Forks
Forks
Washington
Sol Duc Falls
Sol Duc Falls
429 Reviews
Washington
Washington
United States
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Seattle, Kitsap, Olympic National

Thanks for writing in and sharing your experience! Sounds like it was a great trip.

It was a good call to stay in the north end of ONP given your limited time. As you can tell, you don't want to rush, or spend too much time in the car.

2. Re: Trip Report Seattle, Kitsap, Olympic National

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 20, 2013