We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

campgrounds with showers??

sydney
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
campgrounds with showers??

My husband and I are going to Olympic in June and I can not seem to find campgrounds with showers, which is something I can't live without. Does anyone know some that definately have showers and also how to book them from Australia as I prefer to do it on the internet and the government website to do so seems vague and /or first come first served which I don't want to gamble with...

Thanks!

Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: campgrounds with showers??

Hi kateanddjango,

I do not know of any campgrounds in the park with showers. Here is some information on showers near the park.

Ozette area : Lost Resort - campground right as you are leaving the Ozette Ranger Station has showers available to backpackers. $5 per shower - although better water pressure and cheaper shower can be found at Sekiu's Olsen Hotel.

3rd Beach or Rialto : LA PUSH - store and campground within 2 miles of 2nd and 3rd beach. Better than any other place and so close by - $.75 is enough for great shower.

In Forks the Town Motel - South end of Forks on 101 offers showers (with towels) for $3

South of Forks - south of Kalaloch 7 miles - is Shell Gas Station in Queets - Shower (with towels) available there - Price ?? but under $5

More information can be found on the park at www/windsox.us

Elder Bob - eiderbob@aol.com

Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
320 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: campgrounds with showers??

Salt Creek County Park (north of Lake Cresent) has showers.

I think there are showers at Bogachiel State Park (south of Forks) too-you could confirm on the state parks website.

Showers are included with the swimming at the Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort...but rather expensive if you just want a shower.

At the turn-off to Mora campground & Rialto Beach there is a private campground, store, etc., with pay showers (same as mentioned above, I think).

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,521 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: campgrounds with showers??

Do not make any plans that depend on Bogachiel State Park. It is on the possible closure list. The state of Washington is in dire financial straits and may have to shut down several of its parks. There is no way of knowing at this point whether Bogachiel will be open in June.

The Sol Duc campground is one of the best in the park, but I believe it fills up rapidly.

4. Re: campgrounds with showers??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:32 am, February 12, 2012