We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall colors this weekend

California
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fall colors this weekend

Hi All,

I am planning to visit from California and have always wanted to photograph the stunning fall colors in Washington as I have seen in pictures. I initially picked Mount Rainier and North Cascades National Parks for this weekend, but I'm not sure.

1. Are these the peak fall color times for these locations?

2. It looks like the weather is rainy/snowy lately, not sure if the leaves have fallen off?

3. Are these the best locations for WA state fall foliage or would you recommend any other places specifically?

I really appreciate some help, my flight is booked but I am not sure where/when to go really. Thank you so much again.

Ray

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall colors this weekend

Check the resources and trip reports on this site:

http://www.wta.org/

From what I read, it appears to be a bit early, but others will know.

"Stunning fall colors in Washington..." Many opinions have been expressed about this on both the OR and WA TA Forums if you do a search.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall colors this weekend

No matter what, you will get gorgeous pictures in the North Cascades. They offer spectacular scenery, and I think they are most beautiful in the autumn. Just in case you want to venture farther afield, however, the tiny maples that line the Hoh River along the River Trail in the Hoh Rain Forest are glorious right now. There is nothing like the contrast of the flaming leaves against the milky blue of the glacial river. So if you can make it out to Olympic National Park, that's the place to go.

3. Re: Fall colors this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 18, 2012