We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting mount rainier national park on april 20th 2011

Houston, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
visiting mount rainier national park on april 20th 2011

Hey guys,

Me and my friends are planning to visit the mount rainier national park around 20th april 2011. We would like to go on trails & click some scenic pictures. Is it the right time? I have heard about some driving tour loops like the 'road to paradise' . Would they all be open by that day?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,518 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting mount rainier national park on april 20th 2011

At noon today local time (around 2 hours ago) the snow depth at Paradise Inn was 216 inches, or around 5.5 meters if you're so inclined. Cars must carry chains, and chains will likely be needed. Last year (which was less snowy than usual) on April 20 the depth was around 10 feet; this year it will undoubtedly be closer to 15 on the 20th.

Here are a couple of useful sites for planning visits to Mt. Rainier:

www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/nwcc/site…

nps.gov/mora/planyourvisit/road-status.htm

2. Re: visiting mount rainier national park on april 20th 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Mount Rainier National...