We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about fumes in the park

Chicago
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Questions about fumes in the park

We considering to go to Lassen with kids and they might not be thrilled about all the odor from the fumaroles. Please let me know how bad the fumes are, if the fumes are localized only to certain areas of the park, if there is any odor in the campground areas, etc.

Thank you.

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about fumes in the park

The sulpher smells are only very near the vents. Sulpher Works, right off the park road, is quite powerful in scent. A creek runs from there that has a vague scent. I don't think most people would even notice, but I run along the park road sometimes. Bumpess Hell isn't too bad. There are spots that have a scent, but it is easy to walk away from the area that smells. I've gone with school kids to these areas & the kids love it. The campgrounds are going to have wonderful pine scented air.

2. Re: Questions about fumes in the park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, June 20, 2013