We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Katmai, Lake Clark, McNeil River & Homer

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Katmai, Lake Clark, McNeil River & Homer

Hello All,

My family and I met up with my sister who lives in Anchorage this summer ,and we took a whirlwind RV trip to Denali, Wrangell-St. Elias, Kenai Fjords, and Valdez. I loved it so much that I have to go back.

I mainly want to hit Katmai and Lake Clark NPs this time, but my sister also mentioned the McNeil River and said she would LOVE to go there, and I figured I'd shove off from Homer, so I'll definitely get to see that town. I'd love to get a little taste of everything - or at least a little variety (boating, flying, hiking, camping, cabin-ing, kayaking/canoeing, fishing, etc.) for as inexpensively as possible. Not sure when I'm going yet. Want to start looking in case summer '10 is an option. It'd be great if there's some way to take a boat over to Lake Clark and fly back from Katmai, getting to McNeil River somehow in between. Even if I have to go with separate tour companies, does anyone know how I could fit it all in? Is there a season when bear viewing will be active at all of these places (minus Homer)? Thanks you all in advance for your kind suggestions ~

1. Re: Katmai, Lake Clark, McNeil River & Homer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 31, 2010