We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volcano Lodging Help -

Atlanta GA
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Volcano Lodging Help -

Hi y'all i desperately need help finding lodging in Volcano that is

a. - relatively inexpensive

b. - consists of separate beds (i'm traveling with a friend)

i've seen tons of cute B&Bs but no one seems to 2 double beds, or even just twin beds. I like my roommate but not enough to sleep with her. ;-)

all suggestions are helpful.

Actually it's super cheap but i'm considering the HoloHolo In hostel. Seems like a neat backpacking place. anyone have any experience with it?

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volcano Lodging Help -

for two beds you need 2 rooms

In the lodges and hotels it might be more economical considering....

I know of no back-packer places near the volcano and none in Hilo that are any good

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Volcano Lodging Help -

Check out

www.volcanohousehotel.com

We have not stayed there, however the Ohia Wing lists they have twin beds in a couple of their units.

Its right in the park and likely one phone call will give you info you are needing.

Elk Grove...
Level Contributor
542 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Volcano Lodging Help -

We st

Elk Grove...
Level Contributor
542 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Volcano Lodging Help -

We stayed at a very nice place in volcano village called the Aloha Junction B & B. (volcanobb.com) They have a room called the Pele Suite that has one queen bed, one king bed and a private bath. There is also a very nice jacuzzi right outside the door. The price is $99, which included a very good full breakfast. Also, as you plan your trip, you might want to check out a website called konaweb.com. They have a lot of good information and an excellent message board.

Kim

Atlanta GA
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Volcano Lodging Help -

Thanks KimWilli!!

Aloha Junction looks like what I'm looking for.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Volcano Lodging Help -

Actually, I think you would be better off checking a web site of punaweb.org since you will be at Volcano (Kau/Puna Districts) and not in Kona. There are lots of locals who will give you local secrets on that forum.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
839 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Volcano Lodging Help -

My Island B&B has several cottages (at least two) which offer multiple beds. We are staying in the Forest House for $150. per night. It has two bedrooms, actually.

Jupiter, FL
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Volcano Lodging Help -

We stayed at Aloha Junction Bed and Breakfast during our trip to VNP - it is beautiful, clean and very very close to VNP. After viewing the lava flowing at night, I was glad that we only had to drive back to Volcano and not Hilo. The breakfast at this B&B was also terrific.

When going to view the lava at night, if you have binoculars, bring them, as well as something soft to sit on while you are waiting for it to get dark (like a sweatshirt). We got there around 6pm, hiked out beyond the barricades and had to wait until 8pm until it was dark enough (sun set around 7 pm). It was well worth the wait, but I wouldn't have gotten there so early if I go again. Luckily it was almost a full moon, so walking back wasn't as hard as I had thought. VNP is at least a full day visit, I am very glad that we went.