Here are the questions I'm going to ask a company before booking a helicopter tour. Can anyone think of anything else I should be asking?
- Can you guarantee a window seat?
- Where does the 'copter leave from? Do you provide transportation from the Four Seasons Hualalai?
- How long are you in the air?
- What areas do you fly over?
- How low do you fly over lava, waterfalls, craters, etc.?
- I know lava flow is dependent on conditions, but if there is no flowing lava, will we still see lava lakes or other active lava?
- Is "doors off" an option?
- How many passengers are in the 'copter?
- How flexible is the timing or the route?
Now, some questions for the board:
Are there "sunset" departures where you can see the volcanoes both during the day and also after dark (to see the glow from the air)?
How different is the experience if you take a private tour versus a public one?